Friday, January 2, 2015

Does My Doctor's Office Staff Hate Me?


                                         "Oh, it's Five Hundred Pound Peep Again, bugging me about antibiotics for her leg, I don't want to do the paperwork, or make a call, it's time to play Candy Crush and do my nails, I only make 8 dollars an hour, Screw it!"

New rule I have for my doctor, every antibiotic is to have three refills on it, so I don't spend the day before New Years right at 9am, tracking down a refill. I now have a infected leg and because of their neglect, may have to jump from one antibiotic to another kind from my emergency supply.  The woman that gave me the flu and infected my face, has now infected my leg.  The battle with thrush, a sour stomach, and endless unmentionables continues.  A month and a half of sickness because of a selfish woman who came to a meeting while ill. I get the feeling the woman who answers the phone and sends messages to my doctor hates my guts, since the messages never seem to get there and I hate having to file a complaint and having to get nasty to get everything done.

Ever notice that about businesses today, they ignore you and you have to get angry and shout at them to get anything done, a few times I have asked, "Why don't you just get done what I have asked at the start?" "Why do I have to call 5 or 6 times?". A cynical part of me thinks the most lazy and incompetent people are the ones who have the jobs, I like my doctor and this does not apply to her,  because they are the narcs who can BS their way through life. While one wonders if they are going to die soon, and why life has reached wretched depths, they do not want to play phone tag with indifferent degenerates.

picture source

6 comments:

  1. I laugh at the stats that tell us NPD effects roughly 5 percent of the population. My butt (oh, by the way, my butt is an entity to be worshipped). Where I live (Overland Park KS) it's infested with 'em. In 26 years at the same job, out of a half dozen managers and supervisors, I had ONE I can confidently say was NOT a narc. I hope you don't me praying for you that Hashem deposits a package of wisdom and discernment in your heart and mind that will give you and yours some solid, concrete direction. In Jesus Name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I laugh at those stats too. There are far more now. LOL about my butt. So you have noticed the narc stink scummy foam rises to the top. There are still some kind medical professionals but the offices are full of narcs. I am glad you had one boss that was not a narc. Nice bosses were rare for me too. A non-narc boss is more precious then gold. Thanks for your prayers smakintosh.

      Delete
  2. The flu is caused by a virus. Antibiotics will not help.

    If the leg infection is caused by bacteria, it could be resistant to antibiotics (MRSA, perhaps). Doctors don't like to prescribe antibiotics anymore because their overuse has led to resistant strains.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The antibiotics helped the parotitis, I am not sure how or why this worked. I was able to be antibiotic free for a year and half which is a big big deal for a severe lipedemic thus some of my disappointment. Doctors can't be antibiotic reluctant with us or we die but yes I understand the overuse being a problem. I was able to get through to my doctor but the office staff is very poor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The office staff might be burned out from working 2 or 3 different jobs, if they're on only $8/hr. Or they may be understaffed for the amount of work they have to handle, like most workplaces - which always leads to things slipping through the cracks unless you make a fuss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand bad jobs, low pay and burn out, but it seems like they set things up to make things work the worse way they can. Some of it is institutional the way the calling system is set up, voice mail jail from hell but some of them I can tell are just throwing the paperwork away and not getting something done. That is what worries me. I hate to have to create a fuss, and call 10 times just to get something simple done. I mean why can't one just do what I ask the first time? It makes no sense. I mean Do they want me calling again and bugging them? I decided I am going to try and set things up so I do not have to call. Trying to get things done on the phone is very hard for me with my hearing impairment.

      Delete