Friday, December 20, 2019

Emotional Repression From Abuse and Religion


Crimes of Emotion: Emotional Toxicity and Repression in Christian Fundamentalism.

From the video above:

"Our emotions play a huge part in our ability to navigate daily life,and the distorted emotional responses drilled into us by relentless rehearsal in the abusive environment can disrupt our functioning at the most subtle levels"

All my life every emotion was invalidated except by very few. Every ACON knows the results of being made into a narc puppet where you are trained to shut down all "unacceptable" emotions" and how this pans out in one's life leaving you as a target to new narcissists and dividing you from yourself. Narcissistic parents shout, "I will give you something to cry about!" and "Why are you laughing like that?" They tell us how to feel, aka smile at Mommy and Daddy's work party and pretend like life is great or else!

Theramin Tree compares high control religion groups with dictatorial gods that mandate certain emotions and love and how they operate the exact same as narcissistic families, that shut down emotional honesty and put compliance and conformity first.

This video reminded me of one subject I wrote about earlier, where I believed my drinking of the fundamentalist Kool-Aid was related to my earlier narcissistic abuse.  Others told me what to feel rather then emotions being able to lead the way.

  As I age, I have been dealing with serious problems regarding emotional repression. There's few places to express any and trying to seek after authentic ways of being are difficult.  This area is so reticient to the max. Think "Minnesota Nice" married to extreme Midwestern reservation. I haven't even seen an argument in public in 15 years. There was no getting used to this.

You never know if someone is really mad at you or not. The other day online, with an online support group of understanding people, I wrote, "I wish I had friends to cuss with!" Well I do with Mr. Peep, but there was something that overtook me, where the cloaking from Aspergers and survival fear, made me more of a repressed reserved person to the extreme. It's like I am two people, around him I will joke and cuss, and am loud and talkative, but in public and social situations, I feel like I am measuring words with teaspoons, and it has gotten worse as I got older. Also the going deaf does not help.

Some of this is happened because I didn't want narcissists to feed. Vulnerability in too many cases meant the predators came in, but now I feel so shut down.

Some people tell me "find your tribe" but whoever they are, they aren't talking and emoting around here. Tribes are found far easier online. Some ACONs may find that learning to feel their emotions outside of the mandates of negative religions and families is a process.  We also realize the lessons missed in expressing emotions around regular people to the point it's even hard to show positive ones. At least we start listening to ourselves and our "inner voice" instead of those who tell us to shut up constantly.

Those who deconvert, realize how much their religion gave them an image of a "good Christian" they were supposed to follow and how this was tied into emotional repression. The demanded constant "thought policing" of Christianity now pisses me off. Prayer even seems to be a demanding "numbing" ritual that focuses on thoughts instead of actually "doing" something. It upset me how I was trained to control my own thoughts as "not being good enough". "Don't be mad at mother, be forgiving!" "You shouldn't have negative thoughts about others, it's wrong!" even if said negative thoughts are sounding the warning cry! "Give people the benefit of the doubt" and so forth.

Then as we are told to shut down other emotions, the demands to produce fake emotions is constantly there.

For Christians, this is centered around being nice, and kind and "gentle" especially for women who are told that meek, mild and "having a servant's heart" is the way to go. If you are a brash, loud, more aggressive person, this is like being shoved into a box that is too tight.

The one demanded emotion is love. In Christianity we are told to "love" everyone. Thinking about this while some people are lovable, and add great things to your life, I thought about how I was told to love people who treated me like crap. Love itself gets degraded when it's expected to be shared with everyone.

Speaking up for yourself was considered "sin", so much was centered around being a doormat. Often, I felt guilt inside because I did not love everyone, I felt neutral towards most, loving towards friends or kind strangers or cute children, but there were people who did not bring out feelings of affection. Even yelling at someone who almost drove into you, was considered "sin".  Somehow I was supposed to manufacture this new "persona" of loving benevolence towards all, the problem is that it was fake. The "love everyone" stuff puts toxics in charge and makes doormats of others when one is told to shut down their own thinking about how they truly feel about someone. If you think about this, teaching people to have no preferences breaks down alliances between them and gives a church organization far more control. 

One thing mentioned in the video is how we are told to love God, and there is this idea of producing an emotion for what I believe now is an imaginary being, that never takes the time to interact with us. Somehow we are supposed to drum up intense feelings of affection for Mr. Silent Treatment. What does this do to the human psyche to drum up intense feelings for a Being that simply refuses to talk back? Here too, we have entered the realm of manufactured emotions. How can you truly love and know someone outside an imaginary sense if they offer no personality or words back?

Like life with narcissists, you are told to love your mother and father no matter what they do to you, and the same applies to God, "Though he may slay me, I will trust in him" Job says. That is the epitome of what we are told to all say when it comes to our abusers. God can do anything to you, let your life become a bombed out crater, betray, remain silent, indifferent, show no love or response to you [since it does not exist the way they say it does] and you are to remain a smiling cipher singing songs of praise at your evangelical or fundamentalist church. So Theramin Trees brings up great points about how our emotions are repressed in both toxic religion and in toxic families.

"People who've been subjected to different kinds of abusive environments often show highly convergent themes in their descriptions of their experiences. Years ago, when I began talking in depth with people who'd been recruited by religious and pseudoscientific high-control groups,

hearing them recount their experiences was like hearing a gigantic tuning fork resonating at my own pitch.

Their observations about life inside a high-control group echoed private observations I'd made about my life inside a narcissistic family.was the same divisiveness, where loyalty to the dictatorship came before any personal relationship between other members;

the same social isolation tactics, trying to sabotage external relationships with friends or lovers,

the same attempts to maintain child-like dependence.


Parallels have repeatedly been noticed between scriptural tales of vengeful, dictatorial gods and abusive relationships, noting the same threat of dehumanising brutality, the same capriciousness generating erratic, inconsistent demands. the same sense of all-pervading invasion into every aspect of the target's life, with no boundaries and no privacy. The details of abuse vary from situation to situation, with different levels of intensity or sadism.

but the essential underlying mechanics merge.

At their core, all abusive environments are about gaining coercive control over others.

So, it's not surprising that abusive individuals and groups of all kinds -religious, political, academic, familial, romantic -converge on the same manipulative tactics to get people to sacrifice their autonomy and authenticity, and submit to fixed roles."

  I've realized with age, I have been dealing with serious problems regarding emotional repression. It may be the area I live in, it is so reticient here, it drives me nuts. The other day online, with an online support group of understanding people, I wrote something like I wish I had friends to cuss with! Well I do with Mr. Peep, but there was something that overtook me, where the cloaking from Aspergers and survival fear, made me more of a repressed reserved person to the extreme. It's like I am two people, around him I will joke and cuss, and am loud and talkative, but in public and social situations, I feel like I am measuring words with teaspoons, it gotten worse as I got older. Also the going deaf does not help.

 Is it just me or do people seem more like closed books?  It's harder to get to know people, openness is long gone. I've dealt with some awful stuff in some circles, where classism seems to rule, and some of these folks don't believe in emotions or openness. In fact their first instinct is to shut me down and this can be over the most mild of opinions and I am not yelling or showing anger. I've had two recent instances of people shutting me down, like I was invisible. One lady who was an ally at one group I was at, came to me to talk to me how both I and her were shut down at a political book discussion we both went to. She was upset. I told her I wondered if the community book discussion group on a political topic was actually being held and financed by a conservative group. I mentioned the phrase "economic inequality" and the consensus people came running to shut me up. It was nice to be validated though by someone else who saw the manipulations going on.

In the second case, I was at another discussion group in my community, there was a wealthier high status boomer going after me, talking to me like I was ten years old. She was new to that discussion group, and was issuing edicts and rules on us all. Everyone's heads were bent down and I knew I'd have to fight back.

Sadly like what happens too often the leader of that group, was bending to a would be narcissists demands and throwing the rest of us under the bus. Later I would be told by the group leader referring to herself, "I didn't enforce the rules properly" so the narcissist's shaming methods worked. A group that previously had no problems was thrown into chaos by a would be narcissist.

She played overly diplomatic and seemed to take the side of the other person. I even said at one point, "Don't you think they were even a bit overbearing?" She said she didn't enforce the crosstalk rules enough, and I responded "Why do things have to be so rigid and controlled for such a small group, well for future people you need to make it more clear you are following the AA like no cross talk rules." She said something was in the "Covenant" of the group and that's part of the program. [One odd thing is during the original argument, I said, that was the ideal, and I know the only time I interrupted was to ask someone to speak up]

She conceded to me, that you have to do what is right for you, and keep your boundaries. I said I will and for her to be careful of toxic personalities. I said, "I am not going to take disrespect from anyone, and do not regret walking out." Husband backed me up and said "this lady took things to the extreme, she was spending 100,000 to make a 10 dollar point and would not let up." I left the room and tried to redirect the conversation multiple times.

Oddly she then claimed that others had complained about the "crosstalk in the group" and that they had been interrupted too often and did "not feel safe". I never saw this. My husband who was there said, "I never saw that happen." I said something about how conversation flows can be hard for Aspies, but I never interrupted anyone's turn to talk, and knew I had to waited my turn and did and with my hearing have to focus on words anyhow. At this point I said the group is "too rigid" then for me. I think she wants us out of the group. I said at this point, "Maybe the group is too structured for me, and it's not for me." I told her these extreme rules destroy connection. She then suggested other activities.

The extreme rigidity in this community is taking a toll. The toxic person gained control. The group leader wants to please the people with power. Toxic people will use rules to wrap people up, and claim they are breaking rules to get others to dissuade them. I notice people go running to to please personalities like this.

I ended up walking out of the room and have no regrets in doing so. The me of yesterday would have sat there and taken it, trying to please but the me of today knows there was reasons for my anger.

 There seems few places now in American society where you can "be yourself". I feel uncomfortable in some higher class circles where they seem to want a higher level of control. It's horrible around here, especially among the corporate "professional" and wealthy people. Formal registers of speech are shoved down my throat. My personality does not fit among their circles. The endless rules and formality are stifling as hell. The pecking orders and competition do not allow for honest sharing.

It is a mine field for an Aspie too. I think here I need to listen to myself more on the type of people I am trying to communicate with and have made the decision to limit some of the socializing, why go out time and time just to get hurt again?

Some here have chided me for my negative view of boomers, but I am sorry to say, while there are some allies and good boomers, I have noticed it is mostly women who are 15-20 years older who are invalidating me, treating me like I am 10 years old and practicing unrestrained classism and ableism. Around here, the majority of the boomers I am talking about are very religious and politically conservative. There's others that would fit the neo-liberal label too.  I don't think I am imagining this and I have seen differences in Silent Generation people who sadly are now growing very aged and millennials in how I am treated.

The "OK Boomer" meme exists for a reason. Some people I think got tired of being lectured to, and sadly too many of them feel they have the right to tell you to be silent and to invalidate you. I am learning to avoid people like this. Around here, their numbers are legion too. They are people that can make one feel extraordinarily lonely and silenced.

There's unwritten rules some types follow where emotional repression is the name of the game, don't act too boisterous, or tell jokes, or get too pedantic, stick to business only and everything must be conformist or emotionally flat. There's a lot of people wanting to repress you emotionally now and using a variety of tools to do so. There's this feeling inside that my fire burns too hot, and just by opening my mouth I'm burning them. I refused to submit to the one making demands and walked out of the group and the room when they wouldn't leave me alone. The Cluster B scent is strong, and I'm running for the hills.

There is huge disconnection being forced in people where we are always to be striving fitting in and jumping endless goalposts and hoops. Rules of communication I have noticed are very severe in higher class circles, and that seems part of the emotional repression to me too. That too works to deaden emotions and where people are taught to wear masks and to not have real connections.

Many people who deconvert too, talk about how in their churches, emotions were policed, being too sad, or upset was not acceptable. Once at a church I said I was upset over being sick, and was chided over not having "trust in God". Everything there the message was to close down all emotions, and conform. Depression, anxiety, angst, anger were all seen as "sins" and against God. The "holy" Christian was always happy, eager, smiling and joyful.

I thought more about that "commanded to love" video above. Theramin Trees nailed the whole process of love being forced and producing emotions at command. Natural emotions are shut down for produced ones. Often I struggle with the idea that people want me to be someone else then who I am. My emotions were controlled at narcissistic demand, and I was told they were wrong, they never were accepted, this would continue until I walked away. My abusive childhood taught me to suppress emotions and then add the layer that I had to learn to "cloak" massively to fit into society being on the autism spectrum. One therapist told me I was intelligent enough to figure out the code so to speak. I am trying to figure out still feelings that are about emotional disconnection.

Society had few answers for instance with someone with severe rare illness that deformed their body too. I am learning to listen to myself more but it's scary what I am seeing, I blocked out a lot in how I was seen and treated. ACONs as they are trained to "go to sleep" emotionally to offer narcissistic supply, may find the waking up process to be kind of scary, especially if they exist in a lower status position in American society. Socially I may struggle the rest of my life, others are telling me they are encountering the same thing, where they feel silenced everywhere.

I have learned to protect myself more but I am realizing as I have aged society has gotten far more closed down, there is far less emotional closeness and openness. The social "rules" have become far more oppressive. I don't feel very safe in a lot of places anymore. This worries me for my future. So wonder people are becoming more lonely and mentally ill in America.

Fundamentalism too was all about emotional repression. Repression is a word that I thought of as I deconverted. I felt REPRESSED. When I threw off the yoke of abusers and went no contact and walked away from so many, deconversion was bound to happen.The two are tied together. I was told to be this certain type of person among the Christians and told to be a certain type of person among the narcissists. I never measured up. I never was allowed to BE MYSELF.

I had to get honest about the emotional repression of Christianity, that told me to be this certain type of person. One thing I think about is how Christianity pushes this fake persona on people, and I know I wasted years now, trying to be something I was not. It also taught me like the abusive family to only display certain emotions and invalidated true feelings and thoughts. As time went on, I realized I was "not fitting in", I left all churches a few years even before my full deconvert, tired of the forced cheerfulness, tired of being told NOT TO FEEL, or that all feelings were SINS. We were given not only THOUGHT control but FEELING control. The religionists and narcissists all joined together to tell us what was proper to feel and what we had to close down.

Intuition and our connection to ourselves got closed down from their prison for the soul. I had to get real even about how I felt about their God. I didn't like it anymore. I realized I did not love God anymore, leaving the religion was like a divorce from a cruel persona that betrayed me over and over, with it's silence and indifference. Instead of loving the "dictator", or shaming myself to do a fake smile anymore and "force" myself to love it and believe, I was done. One thing I had to do as I recovered, was listen to my OWN feelings, and stop letting people tell me what to feel and think. Learning to own your own emotions and processing these things can be a process. We have to throw away these dictators of the soul to be our authentic selves. Don't ever let anyone tell you what to feel or what not to feel. I'm no longer a puppet being told to love something and someone who never talked back and being told to love people who treated me like a piece of garbage. Listen too and pay attention to those who are out to control your words and your emotions, they are people to be avoided.

21 comments:

  1. GREAT article,Peep! Speaking of self expression vs. relentless repression,fundamentalism of any stripe stifles the imagination and eventually kills the arts. I shake my head in wonder over what became of former Hay House, New Age author Doreen Virtue. I was one of the illustrators for her Oracle decks, and I wonder how the other artists feel, having their contributions discredited and thrown on the metaphorical pyre.According to her new mindset, an interest in dream catchers, unicorns, crystals and basically anything non-biblical is reserving your own place in hell. Who knew fairies were infernal? LOL Guess this makes museums and art galleries bastions of evil. This is not an attack on Doreen as she's now trapped in that echo chamber of fundie dogma & manipulation. Maybe she'll escape, as did Anne Rice, after her flirtation with Catholicism. The point I'm trying to make is that it's impossible for any creative, inventive, artistic, authentic person to survive The Total Shutdown you've so eloquently described. A kind of pod person madness takes over and anything beautiful and self-generated dies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anon. yes fundamentalism destroys art. I know it was a bad influence on my own. I am still coming out of the messages about art I got, that it had to be good subjects, etc etc. The fundies got to me and taught me that crystals, dream catchers, fairies, unicorns, etc were all evil. I had cognitive dissonance even about having a rock collection with geodes in it. LOL

      In the fundie world everything was pagan, and they sucked me into that, problem is I kept studying the bible realizing the polytheism that predated the OT, and well the cracks started to form.

      People who explore alternative religious expression, I believe actually can get sucked in, they are so shamed, and this happened to me. I had everyone telling me I was messing around with Satan when I used to have tarot card decks, study astrology, and read about comparative religions like Joseph's Campbell's book the Power of Myth during my first deconversion. I thought about that the other day how the constant onslaught of being told I was "evil" and "hellbound" probably was part of the drumbeat for the fundies to later get their claws on me. Maybe something like this happened to Doreen and she relented. A possible later escape is possible, especially if the inner spark is not extinguished.

      I was a bad fundamentalist. Some of the fundies told me I was in "rebellion" including that deliverance minister before I came out, and did not follow God's will enough. I was writing about this on one of my deconversion support boards, about how I compartmentalized life, and still went to concerts, I had a husband who still listened to punk and joined in, and read alternative comics, watched Breaking Bad and broke a lot of church "rules". I don't know if Doreen will do that but there's a part of the mind the fundies can never capture especially if you have ever been in any kind of expressive spirituality or free thought or had seen part of the world outside the fundie dome.

      In fact one reason I deconverted, was memories of what I read in Demon Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark, and I read that book in the 1990s. The absurdities of the fundamentalism added up and I realized none of the prayer etc worked in the real world. So yes they shut you down and they try to make you a pod person, this means shutting down the spark inside. They tell you most emotions are sinful and conformity is the name of the game.

      I am glad Anne Rice did escape her flirtation from catholicism, maybe I will go back and read her books like I did Stephen King catching up on one's I missed. One can only have one's own personality repressed so much, and if there is any creative or artistic spark in there, sometimes the flame gets burning again and the person wakes up and jumps out of the pod. :)

      Delete
    2. Glaring fact is, artistic people have the annoying habit of taking themselves way too seriously, and cumbering up precious cube-space with typically mediocre stuff that isn't even job related.

      Delete
    3. You mean they aren't good enough drones that shut down their thoughts and emotions enough?

      Delete
    4. Hey Peeps,
      Been years since I commented, but have always enjoyed following you. Sounds like Queen Spider above, or some other hapless individual. At least she acknowledged you are artisitic, which really seems to burn her to a crisp. YAWN!
      On a much more important note, I wanted to encourage you to read Paul Craig Roberts Christmas letter for 2019 (www.paulcraigroberts.org) where he speaks about christianity in America as well as the general political climate of things today. Every time I read him I think of you and your activism (as well as my grandparents and their scruples). Happy New Year to you and Mr. PEEPS!

      Delete
    5. LOL I thought it was a commenter being sarcastic, and took it that way. Oh when you were gone, I hope you realize I deconverted, I am no longer a Christian. I don't support Paul Craig Roberts politically or religiously. He is an alt right creep who'd put disabled me in the gutter. sadly he would describe me as one of the "degenerates". Please think more about those who will tell you how evil everyone is, while they worship the powerful. Christianity and the Republican party are about oppression now. [see my index of Deconversion, where I go into why I am no longer a Christian] I
      Doesn't he realize his Republican party cronies are the biggest supporter of the police state he complains about in this Christmas letter. He's got a lot of blind spots.
      The theocrats hate things like civil liberties. The dominionists don't care about 'rights" and the 'rule of law" but might makes right.

      I do not believe it is christianity that has brought morality. Read this book. I read it from the library:
      https://www.amazon.com/What-Means-Be-Moral-Necessary/dp/1640092749

      The American Christian Taliban do not care about individual rights, the disabled, the poor, etc. So his ideas about Christianity are absurd to me. yes there are some individuals who do who happen to be Christian, liberal churches but the majority of Christiandom has become a scourge and a force for evil as they support Trump in the USA.

      Happy New Year to you too. I know some of this news could come as a shock. My views on Christianity have radically changed.

      Delete
  2. Hey Peeps,
    Been years since I commented, but have always enjoyed following you. Sounds like Queen Spider above, or some other hapless individual. At least she acknowledged you are artisitic, which really seems to burn her to a crisp. YAWN!
    On a much more important note, I wanted to encourage you to read Paul Craig Roberts Christmas letter for 2019 (www.paulcraigroberts.org) where he speaks about christianity in America as well as the general political climate of things today. Every time I read him I think of you and your activism (as well as my grandparents and their scruples). Happy New Year to you and Mr. PEEPS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peeps,
    Just as you are capable of change and reflection you must believe others might be too. Perhaps you should delve a little deeper into his blog before rendering an opinion. I guess the previous important letter might have been about 9/11?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. for once I'd like to see one of these alt-right guys end their love affair with the Republican party, then I will see them as capable of change and reflection. Remember I don't like all the democratic party does. I used to read his stuff during my fundie days all the time. He was a regular over at Alex Jone's websites. he helped Trump get in though he's making a few complaints now.

      Delete
  4. Hi again Peeps,
    Further, as to chritianity and PCR's comments, I took him to be speaking in the macrocosim of it since its inception until now and its influence on people's morality and decision-making in general, and not in the microcosim of it, in its current state of affairs, in the US or elsewhere, where personal greed runs rampant and rides rough shot over any once well-intentioned ideal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see Christianity as a bad influence not the good influence he does. If anything the rejection of science, and magical thinking is taking humanity to the cusp of extinction. Also the love affair with capitalism and worship of the ultra-rich is bringing untold suffering. I laugh when I read these types go on about freedom but they remain devoted and loyal to the Republican party. Christianity in America is married to consumerist ideals and individualistic pursuits that deny the importance of other human beings. so personal greed is something evangelicals definitely advance.

      Delete
  5. Yep, lots of churchians. Nothing new. Jude and Peter warned the flock that these players would creep in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Peeps,
    Had a full day yesturday so unable to get back. PCR has said many times that he thinks Bush, Chenney and their gang should be brought up on war crimes against humanity. He includes Obama in that as well, because he continued on with the killing. He is also extremely concerned about the Patriot Act doing away with civil liberties and rendering the constitution into something for the parakeet cage. He did serve under President Reagan whom he says was the last good person and President the country had (his opinion of course) but I don't think he says it from a partisan viewpoint at all, but as one who knew him and his politics and formed this opinion. I think before Trump, he was registered as Independant, and says the only reason he voted for Trump was because he promised to bring the off-shored jobs and industry back to America, including the resurrecting of the automobile industry, the steel industry etc. and his intentions to normalize relations with Russia, which he feels is important to averting nuclear war. Remember, he was in the administration when Gorbechov took down the wall. He says that Trump saying he wanted to normalize relations with Russia is what put his tit in the ringer with the military/security complex who need an enemy in order to justify their billion a year budget. Take away the enemy and there's no reason for the budget. He is also concerned with what he refers to as insoucient americans who no longer protest or hold their government accountable. He doesn't believe there is a free press any longer, but controlled messages bought and paid for by certain interest groups. He calls the last and latest impeachment attempts on Trump bogus and again orchestrated to keep him derailed from his goal to normalize relations with Russia. He is also concerned with identity politics and everyone wearing their feelings on their sleeves about name calling and political correctness but who don't give the killing and maming of millions a second thought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Problem is he has drank the Alt-right Kool-aid, and they get angry at gay and trans people and want bigotry towards them while the world burns. You have to remember while I was a fundie, I was an anti "new world order" person and into conspiracy theory. I always have hated the Republican party, and I listened to people who talked about 9-11 being an inside job and who were against globalism too, but they were all full of crap, and they still bow to billionaires, it was just another avenue of deception and lies. Why would he be against Trump's impeachment. Trump is scum. You know I am no blind apologist to the mostly neoliberal Democratic party, I am fed up with their establishment crap too and shoving Biden down our throats, but why should I buy into the nonsense of the alt-right, the people who want more oppression for the poor and disabled and who are all closet racists.

      I studied all the conspiracy. The world is ruled by greedy assholes and sociopaths. I don't blame it on "Satan" anymore and the world is on fire already [in Australia] and mankind may face extinction. All these alt-right types sure they get some pieces right, 9-11 was full of lies and deception, i never bought the official story but their solutions are crap. They still worship the sociopaths, they still worship billionaires, they still lack empathy for other groups and are against all progress.

      http://hipcrimevocab.com/2017/04/02/what-is-the-alt-right/

      Delete
  7. Hey Peeps,
    As to why he would be against Trumps impeachment, he is not defending Trump himself, but The Presidency. He feels that like it or lump it, Trump is a duly elected president, voted for and put in office by The People, and this is something which needs to be respected and should not be so fragile as to be undone by mere allegation. (Especially by the obviousely self interested)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah that's a cop out if I ever have heard one. Sounds like a butt kissing fence sitter too scared to take a position because he may lose the audience of his fellow alt-righters. Trump has committed so many crimes, they probably had difficulty choosing which ones. As for "the people" putting Trump in, Trump did not win the popular vote. I didn't support Hillary but the electroal college put Trump in. I don't care if some demented sociopath grabbed/bought/lied his way into the presidency. He's destroying this country and he has brought us to the possible brink of WWIII. Our Congress are cowards [both parties] and letting this man destroy this country. The last thing we need is so wussed out pundits who cry about a few things they disagree with Trump doing wrong but drink the authoritarian bullshit Republican Kool-Aid. Duly elected? Ha! I do believe the Democrats about the Russia manipulation of the election. He's doing everything possible to dissolve NATO and destroy America's standing in the world. If we see mushroom clouds in the next days, know Trump had something to do with this.

      Delete
  8. Hi again Peeps,
    It seems like you want to put him in with a certain "group" of people, when he (in my opinion) is an independant thinker. To suggest that he "has drunk the cool-aid" is demeaning and suggests that he could be led by the hand and convinced to do the unthinkable. I find those two things to be the polar opposite of who he really is or has shown himself to be. I don't know much about his prejudices or lack thereof. If he has them he has had the class to keep them underwraps. I have heard him say that as a kid gay men were hardly heard of and thought to be a myth. And he also said that just because a man perceives himself as female doesn't make him so. In this instance he was speaking on athletisism, and that a biological male should not be allowed to compete as a woman because he has a physical advantage. I know given your personal physical struggles these must be personally emotional and important issues to you. I would imagine you can strongly identify with someone feeling held prisoner by their own body. If he published something deeply offensive on this, I didn't see it. Perhaps you could enlighten me?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went deep into conspiracy and bible prophecy. Read this link.

      http://fivehundredpoundpeeps.blogspot.com/2018/01/armageddon-days-goodbye-bible-prophecy.html

      you are not getting I used to read this guy's columns and Infowars and all that shit. I considered Alex Jones a SHILL and wrote so on various message boards. I also wrote against the growing racism in evangelical circles. I was ANTIWAR and protested war and wrote on that topic on christian bible prophecy websites. Eventually I got on a clue bus, figured out the severe cognitive dissonance between my religion of oppression--fundamentalist Christianity and my real values of freedom for others and saw through the bullcrap. Add this guy's name to the list of those selling me bullcrap, because I used to read his stuff. You forget I was a fundie christian into bible prophecy and conspiracy theory. I wrote on conspiracy stuff too eslewhere, but came out against Trump and every "conspiracy" person went to go bootlick at Trump's feet. I realized most of the conspiracy was "lies" too and propaganda meant to direct. This guy is a propagandist. I still think bad stuff goes down and we are LIED to. They wanted war with Iran 15 years ago, Cheney and pals and just put this asshole in place to make it happen, Trump the reality actor, both sociopath but he's playing it up for the "cameras and the agenda too. I am extremely familiar with "conspiracy' writers from Rense to Alex Jones to Jordan Maxwell [not a Christian in that case] and the whole Christian alt-right conspiracy world. I've read enough from these guys to last a lifetime. They always fence sit. even with his weird writings on trans and gay people of course he will take the middle position not wanting to offend his Christian audience by even appearing a little bit accepting of homosexuality. Of course the fundies fed me the lies about gay and homosexual people but I broke away from it. I'd love to see one of these people break out of the mold. haven't seen it happen yet. Hmm imagine this guy admitting that Trump is a deranged sociopath who should be removed from office to rescue this country. Some people pay attention to new information and let it enter their brain, and then readjust their views. Alt-right propagandists have no interest in this.

      Delete
    2. A lot of these writers are propagandists. You have to learn to see through their stuff. Don't trust anyone linked or tied to Alex Jones for goodness sakes!

      https://www.paulcraigroberts.org/2018/08/04/the-deep-state-intends-to-destroy-alex-jones-dont-let-them/

      https://www.reddit.com/r/WTF/comments/13tpkg/alex_jones_hired_a_ciastratford_agent_as_his/

      https://www.independent.co.uk/news/infowars-alex-jones-performance-artist-playing-character-lawyer-conspiracy-theory-donald-trump-a7687571.html

      Delete
  9. note for above, I and other conspiracy people discussed that the elites wanted to reorder the world stage and dissolve NATO, this was around 10 years ago. Iran is also on the war list of Plan for a New American Century [Cheney and people] and read the book The Pentagon's New Map.....they are still "integrating the gap". I don't believe all the same conspiracy stuff I used to, and definitely not in bible prophecy anymore, SOME CONSPIRACY stuff has some truth it it but Trump's is another damn puppet making the long term war plans and bringing them to fruition. Bernie seems to be the only one whose not following these plans.

    ReplyDelete