one of my favorite graphic novels, I've read it a few times....
As promised, here is my graphic novels list, this isn't all graphic novels I have read or want to read, there's a space limit here. I decided some years back to just start ordering graphic novels from the interlibrary loan, to save on money. Graphic novels can be expensive, and waiting to read them got old. It's worked well. It's brought reading heaven. No more dull formula fiction, that's how to get old books from the other list too. There are two books on this list, I'm completing now.
One suburban library I hold a card at, does have more graphic novels. One thing that can irritate me about libraries is they will buy tons of graphic novels for young adults and children [I read some of those too] but neglect ordering graphic novels for adults. Maybe my local librarians will get a hint seeing endless ones come in via interlibrary loan!
This blog showed my own "graphic novel". I want to print more so I can sell more and hope to rerun a new series. "Fat Pat Fights the World".
One major hobby I am involved in is regional zine/booklet illustration, these things are done under my real name. I used to show more art on this blog, but can't anymore since, it's being shown locally.
I made a poetry zine too, that's 80 pages long but haven't been able to print yet. One worry I have is they are retiring Publisher, the program I have used for years. If anyone can tell me what program is meant to replace it, this would be very helpful.
This list doesn't include Manga and there's multiple graphic novels in the world beyond these. Real life "slice of life", journalism and non-fiction appeal to me most in graphic novels.
The highlighted ones are ones that were read already.
My List of Graphic Novels to Read
I
Escaped a Chinese Internment Camp Fahmida Azim
Escaping Wars Oliver Kugler
Encounters with Syrian Refugees
Insect Anatomy Julia Rothman
Wildlife Anatomy
Ocean Anatomy
Food Anatomy
Farm Anatomy
Nature Anatomy
Boxset
How We Got By
Work Interviews
What’s Cooking
Ruth Asawa: An Artist Takes Shape. Sam Nikahira
Footnotes in Gaza Joe Sacco
Palestine
Paying the Land
Notes from a Defeatist
The Once and Future Riot
Ghost Stories Whit Taylor
Fetch: How a Bad Dog Brought Me Home Nicole Georges
The Cradle to Grave Domination of American Life Joyce Rice
Nine Gallons #2 Susan Cagle
Searching for Maura Hannah Good
Seeing America By Train
Buried Under Rubble in Gaza
Seek You Kristen Radtke
Imagine Only Wanting This
I was Their American Dream Malaka Gharib
It Won’t Always Be Like This
The Dissidents Derf Backderf
Kent State
My Friend Dahmer [own]
Trashed [own]
True Stories
The Best We Could Do Thi Bui
March Nate Powell
Fun Home Alison Bechdel
The Secret to Superhuman Strength
Are You My Mother?
Spent
Take It as a Compliment Maria Stoian
Other Russias
Victoria Lamasko
Rolling Blackouts Sarah Glidden
How to Understand Israel in 60 days or Less
Voices from Nepal Dan Archer
Hungry Ghost Victoria Ying
Andre the Giant Brian “Box” Brown
Persepolis Marjane Satrapi
Notes from a Sick Bed Teresa Brunton
Putin’s Russia: The Rise of a Dictator Darryl Cunningham
American Splendor Harvey Pekar [various own]
Killing and Dying Adrian Tomine
Going into Town Roz Chast
Can’t We Talk about Something More Pleasant?
I Must Be Dreaming
The Party After You Left
Proof of Life On Earth
What I Hate
Mondo Boxo
Lorna
The Two Saddest Kitchens
Bitchy! The Exasperating Existence of Midge McCracken Roberta Gregory [own
and multiple comics]
Fatizen Phillip Barragan II
Burma Chronicles
Guy Dislisle
Muy Bridge
Jerusalem: Chronicles from the Holy City
Shenzhen: A Travelogue from China
Pyongyang: A Journey in North Korea
Blankets Craig Thompson
Habibi
Ginseng Roots
Various Hate comics/books Peter Bagge
Patience Dan Clowes
Wilson
David Boring
Monica
Ghost World
Eightball [used to own]
Ice Haven
Naturalist Edward Wilson
They Called Us Enemy Takai
The Complete Peanuts [entire series]
In Limbo Deb Lee
Here Richard McGuire
The Diary of Ann Frank-graphic novel
Hidden Systems Dan Nott
Black Cohosh Eagle Valient Brosi
Checked Out
Kathy Fricas
Do Admit: The Mitford Sisters and Me Mimi Pond
The Weight Melissa Mendes
Cannon Lee Lei
Stone Fruit
Precious Rubbish Kayla E.
Acting Class Nick Drnaso
Sabrina
Beverly
Building Stories Chris Ware
Rusty Brown
Jimmy Corrigan The Smartest Kid on Earth
Soft City
Monograph
The Big Skinny Carol Lay
Now Endsville
The
Job Thing Carol Tyler
Late Bloomer
Fab4 Mania
Soldier's Heart
The Ephemerata.
No comments:
Post a Comment