I'm slow on projects with chronic fatigue and health but I haven't given up on the "Fat Pat Fights Covid" zine!
I did get some color panels done but have decided to redraw the black and white panels. Always use a non-scannable or xeroxable pencil! Do those blue pencils get picked up on scanners? Anyone know? Where do I get one?
I probably will have to use my tracing light tablet with my old drawings or draw them fresh in pen with no pencil lines. A technical snafu has affected things. My tools are from the 2000s or 2010s, I don't have one of those fancy graphics programs. I use an old bamboo tablet, a light tablet, Paint 3D and drawing in pencil and pen. If you were one of the ones who bought "Fat Pat Fights the World", that's how that zine was made. My budget hasn't allowed a rerun of that zine yet, but I hope one day I can do a reprint.
They ended up Publisher too. Yes, Publisher the program, I learned how to format zines and booklets on since 2020. This kind of thing should be illegal. I still have to check if the program will work on my computer but not sure how this will affect my Cloud. Keep paper copies of all your work in case the internet goes down. We may all have to go back to the xerox machines and hand drawn work.
I'm doing a small art show, just hobby level, so been working on that too and plan to put a few items in area art shows. I'm slow at art too, but dedicate enough time to get some projects done. There's one water color I've been hacking away at for months, but that's not in this show. One painting I am putting in is from 2021. When I'm not in bed, I'm either cooking or doing art work, though I figured out a style of art where I can do major components of it while laying in bed, kind of like Frida Kahlo.
Future Fat Pat titles I am hoping for:
Fat Pat Fights the Great Depression 2.0 [I have tons of comics even from the past dealing with economic issues and life as a poor person]
Fat Pat Fights the New World Order [hey you all know I'm a conspiracy theorist! This one would be fun, where I can share a lot of my real opinions, it will include UFOS and chemtrails]
Officer Pat Fights the Surveillance State [I used to have a character where "Pat" was healthy and she had become a cop, but the joke was she went easy on everyone and did things her own way!]
Remember I have 30 or so comic books of my diaries kept in comic form so the art and ideas for these is already down somewhere on paper.
No comments:
Post a Comment