Friday, July 19, 2019

Heat



source: Time magazine.

How can anyone deny global warming now? Every summer gets hotter and hotter and the heat waves far more frequent. I was in one horrific heat wave where over 700 people died back in the 1990s, but that was a freak happening. Now they are coming far more often and with higher temperatures. People warn about 'wet bulb' temperatures that make it impossible for the human body to cool down. There's been a few times with air conditioning even in here, I have gotten covered in a sheen of sweat, with sweat dripping down my face. I do turn off the air conditioning intermittently and at night after a period of cooling the room to go to sleep.  I can't imagine how people function without air condition though I know many are too poor to have it. With these lungs, it's like living like a canary in an ever heating up coal mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment