Sunday, April 30, 2023

Abnormal Cortisol and Latest Health Stuff

 I had a recent 24 hour urine cortisol come out abnormal. They called me to go take another blood test. I'm not sure if it's too low or too high.

 I've had weird readings before. Not sure if they will find out anything but I'll see. The present endocrinologist has a bad review on google, where someone wrote she made them feel like a "fat sack of crap". My experience wasn't much different. Why did the luck of the draw give me another thin elitist who has no independent thinking?

 I have to see her one more time but may switch to the other doctor in the practice. I'll just say look this isn't working out. This woman ignored health problems to push Ozempic on me. If you had someone who is a hormonal and autoimmune mess in front of you, why on earth would you want to complicate the experiment? Lately I'm wondering if I will get the run around on the new cortisol stuff, but who knows. People regain weight they lose from Ozempic as soon as they go off it. Insurance may not cover it, it's over 1,000 a month. 

I called the eye doctor mentioning "shadow letters" with one eye, they seem to be getting worse. The nurse told me, I have a history of showing cataracts and they want me to come in sooner rather than the previous appointment of three months ago. Fortunately I found out it's just worsening astigmatism. New glasses are needed. Life feels like a long list of things I cannot afford. 

 Health lately is weird, one day, I was able to move and walk, it's never normal but I didn't feel so much pain. Another day, things got bad, the pain was horrible, my wrists, neck and ankles hurt like hell. I was in bed most of the day. Today is middling but I am exhausted from a blood test and grocery shopping trip. I can still walk through an Aldi's on my walker though I have to take a few rests. I guess that's like a work-out to someone like me. Hey I move around as much as I can. My health is bad lately but I decided to garden again for financial reasons and the activity itself is soothing to me. My appetite has been weird, old age seems to be lowering it, but probably the metabolism is going down as well.



2 comments:

  1. It's not a coincidence that they're pushing stuff like Ozempic on you -- that's why the pharma companies are sending squads of nice conventional-looking men in suits and ties with samples and briefcases! Don't see them at the community health clinic (presumably, there's not as much to milk there), but to me, that's part of the corruption of the whole system -- when I had (quote-unquote) regular insurance, I saw these people constantly running underfoot, and I realized why some of these things are the way they are.

    As for your vision, we now know that you'll need a different set of glasses to address that, so I'm thankful that it's not as bad or alarming as you may have thought initially. We'll just have to work through the rest of the stuff you mention as it comes up. --Mr. Peep

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah that one is a big money maker. The present price is over 1000 dollars a month, unless your insurance covers it and I am not even sure Medicare does, most won't be able to afford it. Everyone is desperate to lose weight. I guess throwing drugs at people that barely work, what's 10lbs for someone like me is better to them than getting to the roots of anything.

      I am going to go to the functional doctor you know, at this point I have to. The others are offering no solutions with Covid or any promised care or help in me opening my life up. Yeah I've seen the parades of Pharm representatives at the doctor offices.

      Maybe this doctor gets a cut. Honestly it insulted me, she pushed that crap on me especially when I came there in the first place for having abnormal labs and inexplicable problems from a referral, why would she want to make my body more chemically complex? I plan to complain you know. I am going to give her one more chance, have to, to get my results, for some reason my abnormal cortisol numbers aren't showing up on the MY Chart except fact they were abnormal so probably going to have to show up to find out what those are and I am going to ask to be transferred to the other doctor and tell her exactly what I think.

      She did seem to hate fat people, thin, privileged, young. Very elitist and cold. The last kind of person I wanted to see. Yes I'm glad my eyes were okay and it was something that could be fixed with glasses. Thanks for helping me with that Mr. Peep!

      Delete