Monday, January 1, 2024

Please Help My Husband With a Job or Job Ideas!



This may be a different way of doing things, but if you know of a good remote job, or someone who can use my husband's skills, please write me here. Any ideas for higher paid work are welcomed too. He already makes minimum wage now. [around 10 dollars an hour for 40 hours a week] He has plenty of past experience in professional work too. Indeed has been a dead end. He applied for at least 40 jobs there in the past few months. It's like the algorithims just kick everything out!

 He has a decent computer, and in the past worked for newspapers. At present, he does transcription for an online transcription company he's been with for years, and does freelance proofreading and writing for a newspaper. He is open to government and other paper-pushing jobs. Remote is preferred. Any ideas, thanks. 



3 comments:

  1. C'mon, everyone, don't jump in at once -- Mr. Peep only pecks! He doesn't bite (his beak isn't fitted for that particular job). But seriously, all jokes apart -- I'm looking for remote jobs, or even special projects, that would lift my income enough to pay for all these greedflated items we're saddled with right now (those $8 lunchmeat packages, $7 mayo jars, and God knows what else). Copyediting and proofing jobs are fine, too, as I've done plenty of those in my time.

    I've edited about six books, and am currently doing those honors for another friend of mine as we speak, so that might be a good place to start.

    Also, if anyone knows of some passive income sites -- ones like Prolific, the survey site, where you don't have to write or dream up anything -- that would be a good start, too. Anything to bump up the overall returns at the box office is welcome -- we're all ears, so drop Mrs. Peep or myself a line, and we'll go from there. Thanks! --Mr. Peep

    ReplyDelete
  2. There’s a website called Freelancing.school that you might find helpful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't familiar with that one, but honestly, I don't need another course at this point -- I'm already doing it. I need tips and leads that will lead to returns, not some vague promise of them. The Internet is full of stuff like this, and with a few exceptions, most of them just go on about how great it's gonna be, with a lot of flowery claims and vaguery. So I appreciate the suggestion, but it's not quite in the market I'm looking for. --Mr. Peep

      Delete