Wednesday, May 3, 2023

Functional Doctor

 What is a Functional Medicine Doctor?

I have an appointment in August with a functional doctor. These are doctors that integrate more holistic medicine with regular allopathic medicine. Healthwise I'm not doing that great. The doctors seem uninterested in getting to the roots of some problems. 

With the endocrinologist, I mentioned genetic testing only to be brushed off. One odd thing is I was told my cortisol scores were abnormal but they aren't being shared with me on My Chart. Hopefully at the next appointment, I'll find out how the test turned out. I'm not sure what that is about. Stranger still they had the secretary from the office call to tell me the saliva cortisol is normal. Well what about the other one?

The doctors have grown more impersonal. Some could be burned out but even the ones who don't work with any Covid patients to be traumatized, just seemed to be colder and less involved. I do think the vaxx has affected people mentally and otherwise. The silence, staring, inability to conduct regular interpersonal conversation seems extreme with some.  I don't want to be just some "number". I need doctors to stay alive but hoping this may be a new path to increase communication and some chance of better health.

The other main reason, I'm going to see this doctor is consulting on returning to "regular life" regarding Covid. The other doctors refuse to discuss it with me. I had the one doctor who seems to think I have "mental problems" for still wearing an N95 [they know my vaxx status by the way] and others who just refused to answer questions or told me, "it's just a cold now" before they got too sick to be my doctor anymore. I need someone in my corner who will help me if I catch Covid, so that's one of the reasons I'm seeing the functional doctor. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Peeps,
    I am just curious if it takes months to get an appointment with this doctor you will be seeing in August, or if you picked that time frame yourself?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the first available appointment so yeah months to see him. I think he is in demand. This particular one is supposed to have autoimmune focus which is good.

      Delete