Friday, November 22, 2013

Both Sides: Still Wrong



My opinions about NAAFA are still the same. These seem to be two ladies who are making the new size acceptance rounds in the media. I find the lady, Jeanette DePatie, who teaches exercise fascinating. She admits later in the video, she did a marathon. I know that would not be possible for the lady, Julianne Wotasik, who is in the 400s sitting next to her. Julianne seems to be a well spoken and put together woman, but she is going down the wrong path, she is already super-sized and it saddens me they even forced her to sit awkwardly up on those high stools. Exercise is a good thing and fighting weight discrimination, both of those I do agree on but as I have said before, why accept a health condition that is so painful? The "Fat Shame" side and "We Must Love our Fat" side all work with each other.

Meme Roth just spouts the same nonsense, but then she is just the other side of the coin as I have said before: Both sides are WRONG.


7 comments:

  1. I've seen this video before and I thought the same thing about Jeanette. I really find it very hard to believe that she ran a marathon. I'm glad they feel good about themselves, but they are in denial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I don't think Jeanette was capable of a marathon either unless it was one of those short number of miles one. Why run a marathon and crush your knees if you are a large person? The larger lady Julianne Wotasik, yes she is in serious denial. She is somewhere in the 400s, as she ages there will be definite health problems.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that one of the greatest gifts that a Fat Acceptance Group could give to its members would be motivation to exercise and stay mobile.

    I am willing to walk in the park, but activities like Yoga and Swimming at a gym is out of the question. A few Fat Acceptance Groups do focus on renting swimming and exercise areas for private events.


    http://www.socalsafe.org/safesstory.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, that that would be a great gift. Give fat people a safe place to exercise and without judgment. I can only handle walking a bit, swimming and other exercises are long gone. I have to fight for my mobility with a lot of physical therapy and daily exercises. I'm up to the point where an hour a day is being spent on some sort of endurance, walking or other exercises, there's no choice for me. I'm fighting to stay upright and to function. If I ever had gotten done to the 300s or manage it in the future, I would like to return to the pool. That looks like a good group. I find ISAA a bit more "sane" then NAAFA and it looks like they sought out a practical solution that would help their members.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know I have not been swimming since sometime before I turned thirteen!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes that is a long time! I do miss being able to go into a pool. Right now it just would not be safe, even when I was in the 300s I had a hard time pulling myself up out of one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I tried to play the video I got a "This video does not exist" message.

    ReplyDelete