Tuesday, February 20, 2018

The Insane Party


Many still worry about developments in the Democrat party, where too many are still sold out to neo-liberalism. Just let me make it plain the wealthier types who want to vote for Oprah, and who ignore important economic issues and disparage Bernie Sanders,  I barely consider on the same team either but at least they aren't insane like the Republican party.

 This week the house voted against the ADA, where basically they are gutting it out.  It's up for the Senate vote. Who were those Democrats who joined their team for this vote?  The irony of this is that Bush #1 signed the ADA to begin with. There's no notion of Republicans even pretending to be compassionate now. The gloves are off. The disabled are on the chopping block. They can be cold-hearted bastards in the open now, there's still plenty of dumb people cheering for them.

Trump also touted his idea of "food boxes" instead of food stamps, but even there, stupidity reigns. Most poor people already get commodity boxes full of peanut butter, mostly canned corn, oatmeal, and shelf-stable milk at their local food pantries. This type of food is a nightmare to try and control diabetes on. Poor people need more fresh fruit and vegetables and meat, not cheap carbohydrates. Here too, I saw many prejudiced wealthy Republicans on Facebook going on about how this would "curb all the welfare cheats". Sigh.

You know it's disappointing to live in a country where everything is about regression and disappointment and full sociopathy is now cheered. I almost unfriended every Republican on my Facebook hearing about the ADA. I can tolerate people who may have erred in voting against Hillary and have regrets, it's not like we were given great choices, but if anyone is supporting the sociopaths openly now, I don't have much patience for them.

10 comments:

  1. I thought the food boxes were a good idea,the people who are on food stamps eat junk anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's prejudiced. Well often they are forced to buy "junk" because the good stuff costs so much more.

      Delete
    2. If they wanted to hand the poor boxes full of meat, and vegetables and where they had food contents like that, I'd be all for it, but they are NOT.

      Delete
  2. Its not prejudiced if its true. Most people that are on food stamps can afford food if they spent there money correctly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is prejudiced. When you have less money, the choices for decent food are far far lower. Protein is more expensive then cheap carbs. How about I send you to the store to buy food for 2 people for 35 bucks for a week. Yeah I had to do it before. [this was some time ago] I cooked cabbage, and other cheap things but I still ended up eating too much spaghetti. Those cheap chicken parts always have too much skin and bone too. I would boil them down to take some off. When I have more money for food, my blood sugars almost track along that week's budget depending on what I can afford.

      Delete
    2. too much skin and fat, I'd boil the chicken down to take it off.

      Delete
    3. Do you have an Aldi near you its pretty cheap and its great quality food.

      Delete
    4. yes how do you think I fed two people so cheaply?

      Delete
  3. Dear Peeps and Friends, not long ago I had read a "Huffington" write up about the growing poverty in the US. One respondent said that cooking drew roaches. Uhm, maybe that's one reason for buying convenience (junk) food. Pee-pull are so judgmental these days, it's truely sickening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poverty is growing so much here, that the UN came and wrote a report on it. There's too many in sheer denial. I asked on the town's board, how can you see all these abandoned houses and ruins and think the economy is doing so great? Cooking does draw roaches. I've admitted my severe poverty, I had no stove working for at least a year in the Chicago ghetto, I couldn't afford another 100 a month just to use a gas stove. I loathe gas stoves and won't rent in a place with them now. For some reason all the stoves in Chicago were gas. I couldn't bake anything and only had a microwave and one hot plate. Try cooking any decent meal under those conditions. People are judgmental. With some of them even trying to explain is a waste of time.

      Delete