Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Misinformation Equals Thought Crime?



[source]

 Years ago, when they started using phrases like "fake news" and "misinformation", things were falling apart. There was more gaslighting to come. When things go corrupt, is when information itself becomes managed. Too many Americans took that "freedom of speech" thing for granted. They do not realize what will be lost.

 When I read about something called the "Disinformation Governance Board", this is not a good development. It's shocking and horrifying. I do not support it whatosever.  Every government in world history that has gone totalitarian has had to control information. That includes censorship, and punishments for "wrong speech". Remember they are trying to pass laws in some states to punish doctors who speak out and others as well. People have forgotten history, where people were arrested and killed for speaking the courage for their convictions and it's happening world wide. 

 Think how high the censorship is now. What do they have to hide? In 8th grade, I had this one decent English teacher, this guy seemed to care about freedom a lot, maybe he was a closet libertarian or something. He had us read the books 1984 and Animal Farm. He doesn't know it but he helped to form a lot of my political opinions. I'm a fan of Orwell and have read books of his like "The Road to Wigan Pier". Orwell was a damn prophet considering where things are going now. 

More "silencing" is coming. My blog is too small to be bothered with but maybe not for long. Twitter censored me, and I have been more banned in more places then I can count. The ironic thing with me, is let's be real, I'm wear the masks, isolate, wonder if the virus is real but because I don't trust experiments, and read a lot of advanced medical studies and post them, I've been banned all over the place. What do they have to hide? Why am I and others like me seen as "problems"? This is where you notice free exchange of information is now cancelled.

When trying to do gentle subtle questions to see where people stand, in trying to discover allies, "Do you ever wonder what is going on?" or "Do you trust what we are being told?" people always say to me, "I'm not a conspiracy theorist". At this point I usually drop the topic and move on to some other friendlier topic. It's funny like people think "conspiracy" never happens. The wealthy and rest never "conspire"? How is it a theory? Sure there's nonsense out there, but I always get worried when there's so much effort to silence and suppress people. 

One thing you should ask yourself is, "What do they have to hide?"  There are the angry liberals who write books about all those damn "conspiracy theorists". One latest book of theirs, I am reading is called Sandy Hook, and the author writes a lot about Alex Jones and the conspiracy community which took the "crisis actor" thing way too far and harrassed all the grieving people involved. She's got some negative words for "anti-vaxxers" which annoyed me beyond belief. So it is now liberal belief, I am to trust every mega corporation with major profit motives? Where is Ralph Nader? He's probably too old to do his previous work. I never liked Alex Jones and when I was into conspiracy, I used to think the "crisis actor" thing was dumb. Why would elites who had no problems with millions dying in wars they helped to forment care about saving any lives to do "theatre" enactments of everything? I actually wrote that on a few conspiracy message boards.

So lets take the people who develop wrong theories about things, is the answer a Ministry of Truth? The crusading neo-liberals want to make sure no one develops theories about anything and adhere to the status quo. They don't care if people want the truth, even about things like Covid. They sure have done a good job pegging anyone who questions the mainstream narrative about anything as a "crazy", raving, nut, evil, conspiracy theorist". 

One thing I have noticed is none of the powers that be, ever address the elephant in the room. What is that some may ask? There's a reason people don't trust our institutions anymore. There's a reason that many have to piece together whatever information they can find to do risk assessment, and make decisions. There's a reason people are developing theories about the very confusing world they live in. Some of those theories may be wrong, but pushing the idea, authority is always right, is the boot stamping on the human face forever. "Don't question anything I tell you!" Many of us heard this from all the narcissists in our lives. 

In my case, I do try to look for "real science" beyond "Trust the Science TM". This is why I wore KN95 from almost the first day of the pandemic. I went look for "real masks" only weeks in. But as I have admitted on this board, a lot is not adding up, and I've had to give answers like, "I don't know". Surety isn't just the sin of one side with the religious calling for certainty but the other as well. Our society is corrupt, and so are our institutions. The "fight against misinformation" misses the biggest problem in our room. Our trust is gone, and there's a reason for that. Some of us simply do not like being lied too.  You won't ever see that addressed on any news shows. Public health has failed. Let's be real. We are going in the third year of this. They have no answers. And like narcissists who never can admit they are wrong or some drastic changes need to be made, they double down.

And this is one place where all the narcissism has brought us. Everyone insistent they are "right" while the evidence stares us in the face. I dare say this is where collapse will come, because reality itself has no center anymore. America became a dream land of delusions, and now the delusions rule. This is why no one cares about kids getting myocarditis, why some dream of Trump coming in on a white horse to rescue us all from the "elite"? There's too many into scripting reality instead of dealing with reality. 

Go look at the Qanon Casualities board on Reddit. All their relatives who question vaxxes, Covid narrative, are supposedly crazy. I always thought Qanon was a lie. Yes they did believe things that were wrong, like supposedly Trump was going to save us. I did some posts on there even during my post deconversion, ultra Trump "two minute hate" times, saying I needed to leave conspiracy behind. I posted about that here. I understood why some got tired of their relatives who went deeper into Q and extreme religiosity.  Here, I will repeat the fundamentalists failed me, and locked me in their own "thought crime" box too--"you 'lack" faith--God will fix your life if you only have faith---how dare you question Christianity, or hell, or anything else", but then the other side has too. I'm not allowed to think, analyze, criticize or question authority in BOTH PLACES.

What did they have to offer me though? But their own versions of rigid thinking and censorship. I got banned from there for questioning the earlier Covid narrative and health effects of the vaxxes. Their own religious fervor for the shot, is scary"Trust the science" has split up marriages. People forget that a lot of control can be had via two opposing sides where the truth falls through the middle. 

This kind of thing reminds me of Mao's struggle sessions, I read a book called The Cowshed: Memories of the Chinese Cultural Revolution by Ji Xianlin. In this book, a college professor who is a linguist, is beaten, imprisoned, starved and put in forced labor, for not sticking with the status quo. In his case, he questioned and pissed off the wrong Communist party official who took revenge. 

The book described "Struggle Sessions" for hours, where people were told they were wrong, and giving "misinformation" and needed to adjust their thinking, and most of these struggle sessions had the group, surrounding the non-conformist, screaming and shouting and hitting them with sticks. Some of these neo-liberal types who support the "fight against misinformation" need to go read this book. Those times seem to be coming to America. Are re-education camps next?

I've posted on this blog about how I have to live a life being very careful lest my "thought crimes" earn me censure, social rejection, and worse.  I'm trying to give grace hoping to receive it, this is my present approach with some groups I am in. The official party lines scare me more and more. When I was into conspiracy, BTW, and I probably am still what most would consider a "conspiracy theorist", I was careful to keep quiet about this. Us autistics learn the hard way how masking is needed to manage in society so it was part of that. Sadly though, I have learned how rare true independent thinking is. Someimes I am troubled in that too much of the world became like my family. A bunch of Cartmans shouting "Respect my authoritah!" That's basically how a Ministry of Truth works, they decide what's true and punish you for not agreeing. You are told to say the sky is red, when it's blue. Conforming is what matters most. 

With this Roe vs. Wade debacle, there's going to be even more people at each other's throats. I did ask why did they come out with this now of all times? 


The Descent Into Totalitarianism

Will the USA turn Ultra Right Wing?


1 comment:

  1. https://amidwesterndoctor.substack.com/p/adverse-reactions-to-covid-vaccines?s=w

    ReplyDelete