Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Strong4Life: Beating Up On The Fat Kids


"Child Obesity Ads Draw Controversy"

They told me I would die when I was a fat kid, life was one exercise in fat trauma programming, with the same hideous messages repeated over and over. What is scary as a child, I had only a few severely fat times, never was supersized and remember hearing this stuff, when I was maybe 20-40lbs overweight. 


 All the shame, blame, fear mongering did NOT work on me either 35 years ago. So why do these social programming "geniuses" think this stuff is going to work 40 years later?

2 comments:

  1. Amen! I've said it before and I'll say it again: if blaming and shaming worked, there would be no fat people, no drug addicts, no alcoholics, and nobody would be mentally ill. Clearly, blaming and shaming doesn't work. Crazy is doing the same wrong thing repeatedly and expecting it to work this time. Clearly, these so called experts are crazy!
    Before anyone gets upset about me bandying the word "crazy" about, I'm certified to use it: I have bipolar disorder, borderline personality disorder, and obsessive compulsive disorder. Most lay people would label me as a trifecta of crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, where is all this blaming and shaming stuff going to lead? NO WHERE.

    Also I believe they are conducting class warfare via the obesity thing and mroe control and now they can try and take more fat children away from parents claiming that it is the fault of the parents, because they are "feeding them" wrong. Of course no one will question the kids no longer having parks to play in, or being kept in the house 24/7 because the crime rates have shot up, or no recess or gym or sports at school because those programs got cut, or the crummy food, that most working class parents are stuck with serving the kids or the lack of time, recreation and health. I think the experts know what they are doing, maybe not so crazy, just EVIL in my book getting their profit.

    Sorry you have faced those challenges, hey do not worry about being "politically correct" leave that for the sanctamonious out there.

    ReplyDelete