Wednesday, December 18, 2013

A Very Old Painting of Mine


I painted this oil painting, when I was 22 years old, that's over 20 years ago. It is actually right in front of my eyes as I have it hanging up behind the table with the sit-up computer. This painting is around 4 by 3 feet so is larger. The meaning of this painting always seemed interesting to me, at the time, I thought of a girl looking at her horizons or what awaited her. Almost like intuition knowing there'd be rocks to climb over.

6 comments:

  1. This a beautiful painting, Peep. It brings to mind the "Group of Seven" Canadian artists, and specifically Emily Carr. You are a very talented painter. Wish I had your skills. You've climed many a rocks.

    I hope you have more paintings to show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lisette. :) Yes I've climbed many rocks. Thanks for your compliments, now I want to look up those painters. On this one I used "underpainting" techniques.

    I have posted other art work on here before too. [make sure to scroll to second page, there are more paintings interspersed. I am working on a graphic novel--havent sold this or anything but for fun right now, and it includes scenes from my childhood. :)

    http://fivehundredpoundpeeps.blogspot.com/search?q=art

    http://fivehundredpoundpeeps.blogspot.com/search?q=art&updated-max=2013-09-20T08:33:00-07:00&max-results=20&start=13&by-date=false

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful painting. Talent. Merry Christmas to you FHPP.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Calibans Sister, I appreciate it. Hope your holidays are going well and HAPPY NEW YEAR. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's truly beautiful! I hope you're still painting, you're very talented.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helena. I do still paint from time to time, right now I am working on a comic mostly, but I plan to go back to it. I would like to even go back to oils if possible which is what I painted this painting in.

      Delete