Thursday, May 25, 2017

Boogie Wants Weight Loss Surgery



He says he is an eating addict,is he doing stuff like eating whole pizzas or bags of Cheetos? I hope he has watched My 600lb life to see the ins and outs. It is no walk in the park. Even Dr. Now requires successful dieting to even get the surgery which brings up my question, "if you can successfully diet why even get the surgery in the first place?" He could just have a regain. I am not a candidate for weight loss surgery as I have written many times. My body is breaking down under weight and I have my regrets but I never saw weight loss surgery as a way out. Things of course are more complicated for me.

They should offer the severely obese something better then the stomach butchery. I did become "more active" taking the bus and walking and stuff, but my body is being mean to me. It doesn't want to be active and punishes me for it hard. There is no growth exercise wise, at most I buy a little stamina but I get a lot of pain.  Today is a bed day though I got up to help husband put pictures back on the walls. I talked to my doctor about this, he said stay as active as you can but make sure you rest when the pain comes.

Yesterday I walked a block, this is a very long walk for me but I have done it before, maybe about 1/6th of a mile? It was akin to the distance of walking across two Walmarts. This means I can now take the bus to the library and get to other parts of downtown now which doesn't sound like much but is a big deal for me in terms of being able to do stuff.  I sit on the walker some to 'rest' but it made my range far further.

However because of other activities that week, and moving around to clean for the painters, I got some pain for my price of moving around so much. I have to rest today to get fluids off. Being fat is HARD. Thin people don't know how good they got it.

I can't blame Boogie for wanting weight loss surgery. Maybe he will be one the spin of the roulette wheel will work for. If he does really have an eating disorder, maybe he will be more normal "eating normal" in his case. Part of me wonders why did he lose only 60lbs on all those diets? He says he stopped gaining weight, well that is important to do. He could be facing metabolic issues too.  He says later in the video for him it was not hormonal problems or his legs {nod to Lipedema?} but what was in his head and says he really is an eating addict in his case.

My worry is that he sounds like he went doctor shopping to get the weight loss surgeon. He probably got turned down by most, because at 500lbs, eating disorder or medically caused case, your chances of death are pretty high for any surgery. Having surgery with uncontrolled blood sugars is a very bad idea. This makes me scared for him. He's got to get his blood sugar balanced.  He seems so desperate for answers he is not facing the things that may come with weight loss surgery. All fat people hold out for so much hope. Maybe he will be one of the lucky ones, I hope so. He has youth and financial security going for him.

Sometimes I fear he expects a miracle. Many supersized people fall into this trap.

 I don't believe in a miracle rescuing me from the obese life anymore. I don't believe in the weight loss miracles or diets anymore. I think I got to a place where I decided "eat the most healthy you can afford" and according to blood sugars and hunger pains, I adjust the food according to blood sugars constantly and let the chips fall where they may otherwise.

 You get tired of the false promises, and the rest. I remember myself the surge of excitement for every diet and program---The Adkins diet will save me! No the gluten free one will--I do have sensitivities to grains that I must still avoid.  The Keto diet will save me--they got the Lipedemic world now jumping on that bus. And then with some it's the weight loss surgery. Regains are common. If you are in the size acceptance world, you know this as fact. Many people in that world, already got weight loss surgery. Some save themselves from a 600lb life losing and then rebounding to a more functional 400lbs but there are those who regain all the weight. We see the people on My 600lb life in the very early years when the weight comes off initially, they are on that high.

Every fat person dreams of being thin. I don't blame Boogie for it, as I sat downtown yesterday, I wistfully looked at the thin people walking by me, wishing in my mind I had been born as one of them. It's the inner trial of the supersized fat person.  Maybe he will find his way out but very few do. I worry he is letting "the dream" blind him to the health risks.



9 comments:

  1. Even having wisdom teeth extracted carries a risk. I woman I know who had all 4 removed and went home and died from anesthesia shock.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh glad you didnt tell me about that last year when I had mine out. I did mine awake....

      Delete
    2. oops that may have been 2 years ago, time goes by fast for me...

      Delete
  2. She went home and went to bed and when her husband went in to check on her she was already dead. There's that Karma working for the other guy again.I never heard what the exact cause of death was but every procedure carries a risk. Even routine so-called ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's scary and they consider it from the drugs that put her under even after making it home? I won't have any surgery unless I am acutely dying, the chances of death are so high. The breathing problems and history of severe drug allergies is a very bad mix. I stop breathing EASILY in my sleep, wouldn't be hard to do, in a surgery situation. I had a friend die at age 46 acouple years ago, routine hernia operation, she seemed happy to be getting out of the hospital soon on Facebook and then all of a sudden she was dead. :( I know too many people who have died too young.

      Delete
  3. Keep walking and before you know it it will be easy and then you can slowly start increasing the distance. Since I ave clotting issues it's a life and death proposition for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can walk further then I could before, I couldn't even walk in an Aldis to shop in one and can now, for me some of the pain is staying the same but better to move then not at all. I hope the clots stay away, yeah you have to move around or they get worse.

      Delete
  4. Don't get discourage. If you back slide a little at first. At this stage a regular regimen is more important than the distance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I have kept the mobility I have with regular regime, I am glad some distance has increased but I have to fight to keep what I have too.

      Delete