Tuesday, June 26, 2012

The Skinny on Obesity (Ep. 2): Sickeningly Sweet

Continuing the Skinny on the Obesity Series:



"Dr. Robert Lustig illustrates the overabundance of sugar in today's processed convenience foods and explains how our bodies metabolize these sugars in the same way as alcohol or other toxins, causing damage to the liver and other organs. Series: "UCTV Prime: The Skinny on Obesity" [Health and Medicine] [Show ID: 23591]"

Sugar consumption is way up. High fructose corn syrup is a problem. Avoiding it is getting tougher. The types of food we are eating have changed. They are right about how sugars are far more potent in describing diabetes. I actually do try to avoid sugar and HFCS myself. I do think minimal intake is OK, but there is a problem when so much of our food has had sugar added to it. Watch in the video how fructose affects us. It shocked me. I know they are adding so many added sugars to our food. Lustig is right about this being a toxic environment. I think about how so many kids get fed those cereals that are almost nothing but sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment