Sunday, February 14, 2016

560-Pound Man Says He’s Riding Across Country To Save His Life – But Is He Scamming America?



These contests and announcements of accomplishing extraordinary feats of athletic strength are crazy. He could be scamming but let's look at reality, at 560lbs his bicycle is probably breaking down every minute. Even when I was in high school and rode my bike constantly for a few miles a day, I had a flat tire every other minute and weighed in the 200s.  They do not make ordinary bicycles for fat people. At 560lbs even the strongest mountain bike is going to bust apart. The fact he is only getting 4-5 miles or even less done a day, tells me he is wearing out quickly and the physical demands are way beyond him. The two hateful thin people seem to be too caught up in his business, just ignore him and don't give him any money if you are not interested!

There is also the issue that exercise does not necessarily take off weight. It obviously is not working for him and this could point to a physical issue even beyond all the claims of eating junk food. His expectations of being able to ride the bike and lose weight are obviously failing. I could not ride a bike at all, even in terms of fitting on one and keeping my balance. Those days ended long ago. Trying to eat healthy on the road with a limited amount of money would be extremely difficult too. Foods like trail mix are fattening. Cheaper fast food does not sustain you and fattens you up.

These stories are promoted in the media I believe to make it seem like anyone can lose weight and be thin, if they "just try hard enough". 

His Go fund me website

4 comments:

  1. He looks like he's 300 or 400 pounds. Please open your gofundme account first and get money you need before you give him your money. I wish the weather is warmer so I could ride my bike across the United States, or maybe run across the United States like Forrest Gump did. :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't plan to donate, LOL I don't support these fat people public martyrships. He needs to almost have a rolling cross and a whip for himself for the "sin" of being fat. Well I guess he is in florida for a reason, he'd be freezing everywhere else.

      Delete
  2. I don't remember what the deal was but that guy that lost weight by only eating Subway Sandwiches turned out to be a scam of some sort. Or at least a lot of fudging of the numbers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah he turned out to be a pervert too. I always wondered if they took pictures of a fat guy who just happened to look like him.

      Delete