Monday, February 8, 2016

Chronic Illness Cat to the Rescue


This one is a good one to post to all the "disabled" people haters I have encountered. Cruz voters and narcissist jerks like one cousin who told me I got to lay around in an apartment by the lake and that all disabled people were bums. She had a bug up her butt about me living near water. Okay you live in an ugly part of New Jersey but you could have moved. Get over yourself!

I got the flu, where I almost ended up in the hospital just pushing myself to do some dishes the other day. Unmentionable bathroom horrors, fever, pain and fatigue crushed me for three days, my husband begged me to go to the ER but I held out thinking of my medical bills not wanting to add to the tab and had him call the doctor on call at my house call doctors instead. I am still tired and hope all these posts I'm putting up make sense today but while I am typing much slower, its a distraction while I lay here. It's time to tell my doctor, say look this fatigue and lower immune system stuff is getting out of control.

I've been sick for 20 plus years if not my whole life. I'd like to tell some of these people, "You come live in this body and see how you do." There are days lately where even getting out of bed just feels so hard.  Which takes me to this chronic illness cat meme:


Chronic Illness Cat

5 comments:

  1. I was a workaholic. Being on disability is like pulling my fingernails off with a pair of pliers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Understand. I was trying to become a paralegal before I was disabled, trying anything to find some stability in life. It's hard to tell people, "Oh I've been disabled since 1997" They think by now you should have died off to save Uncle Sam his nickle. I actually had one of more evil narcs, say to me, "if you were really disabled, you'd be dead by now". [That was reason for immediate NC].

      Delete
  2. I'd also like to live in a different culture where people will visit each other and just have a cup of coffee or tea together...at their home, not Starbucks. Also a place where it doesn't matter if you have a big, fancy home that is perfectly clean.
    There must be a place like that somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too. I think American life is essentially very lonely. Even all the moving we are forced to do sucks. I would go to a friendly culture if I could where people visit each other and share meals. Where there is community. I always laugh reading magazines where they show these hipsters eating fancy dinners together and discussing books and politics. In America that doesn't happen, they are at Starbucks hunched over their computers or working 80 hours a week. I have serious interest in co-housing life, where there is communal meals and such, but then it seems only open to the rich and young and healthy. [Yeah I worry about them using this stuff to exploit like charging a full rent for everyone's sleeping pod one day]

      Delete
    2. Yes not having to have a fancy house would be nice too.

      Delete