Friday, April 5, 2013

First Do No Harm website

Here is a website that talks about those who have dealt with fat prejudice in health care.

First, Do No Harm Real Stories of Fat Prejudice in Health Care

I didn't mention this yet, but I found out if you weigh over 400lbs they cannot remove your kidney stones by sonar except in few areas? If I get one that has to be removed, I either have to get surgery or go on a 150 mile round trip. Who puts the weight limitations on these things? It's like they plan to discriminate or something. The stories at this website are frightening though I relate to some. I have had doctors who have wanted to do the experimental stuff on me. I have gone undiagnosed like many of those folks. One thing I hate is misunderstandings about PCOS, where some seem to think fat causes it, when I had signs of PCOS while STILL THIN. It is a good website. The story about a man being misdiagnosed with MS is especially harrowing. I can't even imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment