Monday, October 31, 2011

MSG is used to make LAB RATS FAT, HOW ABOUT YOU?



As I have written earlier on, when I eat something with MSG in it, I get sick, that means not being able to eat at any restaurant but two in the area and paying a heavy price. If I went to Burger King now and ate a chicken sandwich, I would be sick within hours. For some time I have wanted to share this article. I do not agree with everything on the website, but this article definitely brings up some questions. I have noticed MSG is in just about EVERYTHING that is processed I can barely avoid the stuff. Why?

MSG is POISON


I wondered if there could be an actual chemical causing the massive obesity epidemic, so did a friend of mine, John Erb. He was a research assistant at the University of Waterloo, and spent years working for the government.

He made an amazing discovery while going through scientific journals for a book he was writing called "The Slow Poisoning of America"(1). In hundreds of studies around the world, scientists were creating obese mice and rats to use in diet or diabetes test studies.

No strain of rat or mice is naturally obese, so the scientists have to create them. They make these morbidly obese creatures by injecting them with a chemical when they are first born. The MSG triples the amount of insulin the pancreas creates, causing rats (and humans?) to become obese They even have a title for the race of fat rodents they create: "MSG-Treated Rats" .


MSG?

I was shocked too. I went to my kitchen, checking the cupboards and the fridge.


MSG was in everything! The Campbell's soups, the Hostess Doritos, the Lays flavored potato chips, Top Ramen, Betty Crocker Hamburger Helper, Heinz canned gravy, Swanson frozen prepared meals, Kraft salad dressings, especially the 'healthy low fat' ones. The items that didn't have MSG had something called Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, which is just another name for Monosodium Glutamate. It was shocking to see just how many of the foods we feed our children everyday are filled with this stuff. They hide MSG under many different names in order to fool those who catch on.

But it didn't stop there. When our family went out to eat, we started asking at the restaurants what menu items had MSG. Many employees, even the managers, swore they didn't use MSG. But when we ask for the ingredient list, which they grudgingly provided, sure enough MSG and Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein were everywhere. Burger King, McDonalds, Wendy's, Taco Bell, every restaurant, even the sit down ones like TGIF, Chilis', Applebees and Denny's use MSG in abundance. Kentucky Fried Chicken seemed to be the WORST offender: MSG was in every chicken dish, salad dressing and gravy. No wonder I loved to eat that coating on the skin, their secret spice was MSG!

So why is MSG in so may of the foods we eat? Is it a preservative or a vitamin?

Not according to my friend John. In the book he wrote, an expose of the food additive industry called The Slow Poisoning of America, www.spofamerica.com, he said that MSG is added to food for the addictive effect it has on the human body.

I wanted to see if there was truth to this MSG rats thing. {Hey always double and triple check things for yourself} They even tell you do that on this article:

If you are one of the few who can still believe that MSG is good for us and you don't believe what John Erb has to say, see for yourself. Go to the National Library of Medicine at www.pubmed.com.

Type in the words "MSG Obese" and read a few of the 115 medical studies that appear.

We the public do not want to be rats in one giant experiment, and we do not approve of food that makes us into a nation of obese, lethargic, addicted sheep, feeding the food industry's bottom line while waiting for the heart transplant, the diabetic-induced amputation, blindness, or other obesity-induced, life-threatening disorders.

With your help we can put an end to this poison.

Do your part in sending this message out by word of mouth, e-mail, or by distribution of this printout to your friends all over the world and stop this "Slow Poisoning of Mankind" by the packaged food industry.

Blowing the whistle on MSG is our responsibility, so get the word out.


Well I went to PUBMED and did a search for MSG and OBESITY.

Guess what it DOES MAKE THE RATS FATTER. Click on these pictures below to make them larger and see the sentences I have highlighted, you will be astounded!!


WOW!!!!!!!!!!!




Here is another one, there is MANY MORE.



If it does that to RATS, what does it do to Humans?

and why is so much of our food having MSG added to it?

What foods have MSG in them.

Now there is some naturally occuring glutamate, but I know things are much more serious when this stuff is being added in and at far higher levels.

Just think about these things...

and yes they use MSG to fatten the rats up...[that one isn't even negotiable]

I of course suspect that some are more suspectible then others....

so why is this happening?

5 comments:

  1. I was amazed to learn about this when I watched the Australian movie, "Hungry for Change!" I have fought overweight all my adult life and could never win the battle. I watched the movie by Joe Cross, "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead" where he drank nothing but fruit and vegetable juice until he lost about 100 pounds. That so inspired me that I went on only vegetable and fruit juices on Oct. 28, 2011 and then read the book "The 80/10/10 Diet" by Dr. D. Graham. So about in January of this year I started eating only fruits and vegies and no overt fats of any kind. Now I weigh 157 pounds and hope to reduce to 120 lbs. And fat is not beautiful! I was barely able to walk with severe pain from arthritis in my ankles, knees, and hips. Now I stride once again and the only arthritic pain I have is some occasional minor hip pain when I have spent the day using a garden fork. Fat is painful psychologically and physically and the diet that made us that way is criminal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you have been able to find success with that diet. I have trouble on low protein diets, I have faced this before. I am not sure if it is too much withdrawal or what but some of the results have been very painful. I stick to more lean meats, but have worried about the toxins coming from meat. But whatever works you should do it! I am trying to increase fruits and vegetables in my diet too. You are right about fat being painful that is for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you know?

    The Japanese consume more than double the MSG that Americans do, however, Japan's obesity rate is currently sitting at 3.2%. Why is that? In your article, you address MSG as inherently poisonous. I disagree. MSG is not the problem, rather it is the eaters themselves. If something tastes good, you're going to want to eat more of it, especially if it's got the added savory flavor MSG adds. Unlike Americans, most Japanese meals don't stop when people are full; they stop eating when they're about 80% full. The solution to the MSG 'poisoning' is simple self control and a balanced diet. I believe you are misinterpreting the data presented to you, and I suggest you look from a less bias, narrow minded view.


    MSG is not poison!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Japan is infact getting fatter like the rest of Asia.
      I used to live there when Reagan was first elected. They used to be superskinny. Now they're overweight and in less great health.

      Delete
    2. the Japanese still seem pretty thin on their videos and more. I'm not there for a first hand look, but do you have pictures? Fat Asians do seem to be very rare, even in America.

      Delete