Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Why Do They Believe the Narcissists?




It's a question I've asked for years. My mother was always believed. Friendships and family relationships are utterly destroyed because of the lies of a narcissist. Even if you have witnesses in front of the face of some flying monkeys backing you up that so and so happened, for some reason so many people give the narcissists the benefit of the doubt and won't believe you. It was devastating to me to have a supposed friend not believe anything I told her. The other day others in the mix, backed me up and with them I had some validation, that this person was extremely toxic. It wasn't just me. In this case the person even caught the person in some lies and STILL believed them over me and one other person. It boggles my mind how easily some are fooled. I have seen many narcissists who exhibit extreme charm. A few get found out when they discard and devalue because there is no horse in that race for them but even that is rare. Charm is something social predators specialize in, and are good at. They can put on the smile and appear even "harmless" to lure the flies into the spider web.

9 comments:

  1. I wonder how many of those flying monkeys are lower level predators also getting a thrill out of the cruelty... hmm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When a flying monkey totally sides with a narcissist, often they are lower level predators and lack empathy too. I agree.

      Delete
  2. This is the part that cripples us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very painful, the not being believed. Some are not interested in the truth.

      Delete
  3. I just noticed that narcs are usually good speakers so people would believe them. They are also good actors and actresses. Most narcs plot and plan, practice their speech and look for information on how to make people think they are empaths or normal people. Grrrr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my yeah, they make people think they are empathic. I've seen that.

      Delete
    2. Yes they fool many, they actually can even appear "nicer" to the more easily fooled. They will "mirror" others and feign empathy. It is interesting though to watch one in action, they will be kind and "mirror" some while treating others like complete trash. Then the dumb-bell flying monkeys accuse you of lying about the narc.

      Delete
  4. Can relate to 100 % it's heartbreaking, I let go of NM and all my relatives and mutual friends except for my best friend who believed me. Narcs prey on people who cannot or do not want to see the truth. Everyone in the narcs circle of family and friends are however being abused in one way or the other. My dad died 10 yrs ago I'm 30 and kind of glad he doesn't have to live with her abuse anymore. Its heartbreaking but staying NC we see the truth more fully and can chose to live in light and love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its sad how no one believes us. I even saw with Sinead most didn't have sympathy for her, and said of her, if the whole family hates you there must be a reason for it. I am sorry for the loss of your father, yes his suffering is over now. The narcs in their vampirism seem to outlive everyone around them.

      Delete