Saturday, September 24, 2016

Marilyn Wann Still Ignores the Health Problems of Supersized People

 Marilyn Wann Argues with Canadian Obesity Network

I'm no advocate of weight loss surgery. It's like playing the roulette. Some of the results are very very bad. I can understand someone choosing to spin that wheel. I have chosen NOT to in my case due to other health conditions, extreme nutritional shortages I suffer from now from low vitamin D, anemia to low B vitamins and past suffering from digestive problems. My digestion goes funny quick. I puke very easily. That said, why harass people who were severely overweight who did it? I warn about it but I am not going to get down on anyone who wanted to spare themselves suffering from severe obesity. I get tired of Marilyn Wann acting like the fat life is so great and there is still that strain of delusion with us super-sized people. She ignores all the bad health problems, very fat people get and she sounds more and more delusional by the year. I told her I was dying at near 700lbs and I was. I'm scared now because I am not losing weight but my metabolism must be shot to hell. You know it's bad news when there's more fat people telling her how sick they were getting from their weight and she simply IGNORES them. It would be better for something better then weight loss surgery to be researched so I don't support the other side completely either.

6 comments:

  1. It seems as if they don't want to, or are not smart enough, to actually cure chronic diseases. Whichever, I agree,they are taking the profitable way out. Or the immediately profitable.
    I don't see things changing any time soon. There is too much money in fast food, pharmaceuticals, etc. etc.
    But then again, things can change rather quickly sometimes, so there is always hope.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think they want to either. More and more it's just symptom management isn't it and not any real cures. If everyone gets healthy too much money would be lost. I wonder if there are real fat and cancer cures in a back room somewhere I really do. It concerns me how they expect "lifestyle" to fix everything too. I even worry about the affect of the message of a perfect diet or regiment for Lipedema. Many of us suffered long enough having diets and the rest fail us.

      Delete
    2. Marilyn Wann would be against a fat cure that works...and does no harm. That's scary about her. She doesn't have empathy for the physical pain that supersized people face.

      Delete
  2. I hate when they say diet can cure everything . I have terrible joint pain and I could and have eaten really well, and it does not cure. It can help a bit;but if your in a pain cycle it does nothing. I'm in one now, and I've been cleaning up my diet. It seemed like it was helping at first, but ultimately it wasn't. It's baloney. Otherwise wouldn't all the well people I know who eat crap be sick. But they're not. There is something deeper going on for us ill people.
    It hurts people in the long run to spread that meme.
    I heard someone say their doctor say everything was genetics. I certainly think genetics is a factor, but there are other factors too. You can't just look in one place. But, if your doctor has to think of more than one thing at a time he might fall on the floor in a puddle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I am deeply concerned about a trend in Lipedema. I agree with avoiding processed food etc, as much as possible, but now they are saying Keto can cure us. Who can afford it? I got sick from Adkins years ago, very sick. I don't believe in diets fixing people either. So I've been there with you eating perfectly and not seeing any of the promised fixes. I think its hurting sick people, everyone who is healthy think they are DOING SOMETHING WRONG and EATING BAD FOODS. Agree about genetics too, its a mixture of things.

      Delete
  3. You can see my grammar go downhill when I'm tired. Sorry. It's not that great to begin with, but...
    Some of it is thinking quickly; then just being to lazy to go back and fix it..

    ReplyDelete