Saturday, October 15, 2016

A Weird Symptom

Here's an online Symptom Checker

I feel hot all the time.

This may sound dumb but I kept trying to find my thermometer and could not find it. I'm not an organized person.

I told my doctor on Thursday, I am having these spells where I feel hotter then hell, like a melting mess. I think my thyroid is doing weird things. He did immediate blood tests. It is for hours not 5 minutes like your average "hot flash".

 He gave me more thrush medicine. I keep getting that too. If any of you have had the symptom of "being hot" all the time, what was it? If I have gone hyperthyroid it would be nice to get some weight loss out of it. With me, they would tell me take less medicine. He will check the levels within the week I'm sure. Some woman in New York Times magazine acouple months ago had a thyroid storm and lost 30lbs.

I did a lot this week having fun, but with me that can mean playing footsie with infection, but I'm in bed now resting. 

Any feed back on this would be welcomed in terms of your own experiences.

10 comments:

  1. I live in Texas. It stays hot until December where upon it gets cold and after a day in January it gets hot again. People say it's a dry heat but so is my oven. But I don't live there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could never live in Texas too hot. Would be like living in an oven to me. Our climate has been ruined if fall is now gone. What gets me is the zombies don't seem to care. :/

      Delete
  2. I felt hot often, even if I didn't have a temperature, with lyme disease. I have heard other people with autoimmune disease say their bodies could not regulate temperature.
    Since you keep getting thrush maybe it is autoimmune.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember feeling hot all the time when I was in my 40's. I think I was starting perimenopause then. Did'nt really go away til I got through menopause.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow I hope not. The feeling hot stinks, I run the air conditioner all the time. Glad it is gone for you now though. :)

      Delete
  4. I remember when my sister started the hot flashes. The first time she fell down and sprained her wrist. She says its shocking, and its out of the blue, sudden. That was before our no contact. It doesn't appear that is what you have though. My mother said she never had menopause symptoms, and she probably would have killed anyone in her path if she did. My point is, I believe its dreadful.

    It doesn't seem like menopause from what you describe, but it could be, maybe everyone doesn't experience it the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah this is lasting for hours sometimes, hot flashes seem more short in time. Maybe you all were spared with your mother not having menopause symptoms. Menopause is weird with me, they told me 3 years ago I was in full menopause then I went on insulin and periods returned, more blood tests, no menopause and now I am confused!

      Delete
  5. Are you having your periods again?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this month I may skip but I went from no periods to a period every month. I had no periods unless for forced by drugs for over 30 years. They even did two tests to even make sure they were periods and not cancer bleeding.

      Delete
  6. I get hot in the middle of the night (from around 1 am to 3 am) and also have chronic insomnia. And it will be freezing in the house under normal circumstances. Still have my period though. But I'm sure I'm not too far off from the "pause".....;[ I think the insomnia is from the C-PTSD though because I've had for the past 2 years since going no contact with Narc Central.

    ReplyDelete