Friday, October 21, 2016

Latest Painting and Painting Class


They had us do a quick study of a copper pot with a limited palette at my art class. I enjoyed doing this painting and have begun a still life based on the limited palette adding one more color of ochre.
It is interesting to me how I can get lost in painting. Some of those pundits would call it the flow where you work on something with such concentration time passes by very quickly.

When those moments can be found in life they are much more enjoyable. When I find a scanner I still plan to do something with the 140 pages of the comic, but I applied for the art scholarship, knowing I needed structure to get back into my painting. I always have loved this art center, I took a drawing class in it in 2009 and never miss a show there. Here is our classroom and a picture of the edge of my glass palette.



They are reviewing basics with me that are helpful such a color theory. There is always something new to be learned. When I took the class I did not tell them I used to be an art teacher, all skill levels are welcomed. The sub art teacher yesterday said, "You definitely seem to be someone with some past painting experience". I didn't talk not even then. I didn't want the pressures in case I flubbed something up. There's one elderly lady in there who has a unique painting style and I think she is experienced too from what I can tell.  I would like to paint something that could get into a show, since I have only done DIY shows and want to sharpen up some skills.

Having an art studio would be great, it's far easier to paint in a place where you can clean up and not worry about spilling paint on the carpet. Anyhow I am having a lot of fun in this painting class.

9 comments:

  1. You are talented. I can't draw water from a well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the painting and q's joke!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, me too for the joke. He has some good ones, always gives me a good laugh.

      Delete
  3. Very nice work of art! Have always wished I could draw and paint

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you've captured the verdigris of old copper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you are very talented! I love the antique "patina" you added to the pot. Groovy! Do you sell any of your paintings?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks :) I have sold paintings in the past at DIY art shows.

      Delete