Monday, April 27, 2015

My Message to an Obesity Researcher




People Living With Obesity Need a Voice



"Nothing will change until they stop calling fat people liars, and the profit motive behind the failed answers is not held as the highest priority. I spent 17 years trying to find out why I was so overweight and this means years of suffering and almost dying of leg infections before finding out I had Lipedema Stage IV which is a rare fat disorder. The doctors even had discovered the endless "fatty tumors" throughout my body as early as 2000. My blog was started even to find out what was wrong with me 5 years ago and I achieved that goal. The diets are failing, many of us eat normal amounts of calories--I track all my food and follow a nutritionist and we are still fat and judged by society. They think everyone's body works the same. Nothing will change for the better until the stigma is removed and fat people are BELIEVED." 

4 comments:

  1. Tell it, Peep!

    (Hope your correct script comes today-with MULTIPLE refills.)
    TW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I got it. 5 refills. :) She called in a safe antibiotic. I am going to make a list of what I am NOT allergic to, to help her out. I went on antibiotics and am resting will see if sugars come down. I'm living life as mellow as possible these last few days. Husband is going to drive me out to park to sit.

      Delete
  2. Give it time, the mighty kids who think they will live forever will succumb to illness and it will take the shine off their attitude. I got labs pulled today and you could divide the waiting room into two categories just by looking. One half were young fit and holier than thou and probably taking their first physical. The other half looked like they were glad to have awakened and still be on the planet earth. The first category will join the second given enough time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. The mighty kids [some of the baby boomers?] who think they will live forever will have their comeuppance. Even those who condemned me for my severe health problems like my narcs mocking my obesity and houseboundness and lung problems one day will find their bodies failing and their mobility compromised and ability to keep perfect housekeeping gone. I was sick so young, I never was one of the young fit ones who thought they were "going to live forever" but yes time marches on and everyone ages. I should write an article about how aging is denied in US culture. The thing that has always freaked me out about narcs is the extreme denial of aging and death. [applicable to themselves]

      Delete