Friday, August 12, 2016

Growing up with Negative Beliefs About Oneself

"Growing up with such negative beliefs about myself led me to relationships with others who also treated me with little significance. My value was mostly in how well I could serve others. My approval came from doing the cooking and things like that. No one really noticed me as a person. No one really cared about my dreams or desires and I didn’t care about them either because I had lived so long without being encouraged, and without being noticed. I lived so long without being loved in the true definition of love ~ how on earth was I to love myself?"
(EFB is about how I learned to love myself) Darlene Ouimet ~ founder of Emerging from Broken



5 comments:

  1. Can really relate to this! I still struggle with getting my sense of worth from how well I perform.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I am struggling. My narcs really did a number on me here. Even with the sickness. Yes I worried about performing and if people liked me. Always felt like jumping through hoops.

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad the weekend is here, its been so busy. I have to try to figure out a creative way of getting off the emotional roller coaster. Things are good, they are great actually, so this doesn't make sense. I always feel like I did something wrong, doing something wrong, missed something, its crazy. And I can't give myself credit for anything, just looking for my own mistakes all the time. I know, I know this is wrong, but such a hard thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you can get off the emotional roller coaster. Maybe you are afraid of losing good things when things are good, that could be it. The narcs give you feeling of guilt even on good days. Youre not making any mistakes, you'll be okay.

      Delete
    2. Your right, I know, still working on this. I think it might be a measure of guilt imposed on me by the narcs. Thanks.

      Delete