Friday, August 19, 2016

Church Food Co-op



Hopefully our food situation will change soon, I went on a waiting list for 6-7 months for a food co-op program for the poor and came up on the list this month! Yeah! My meeting with them is next week, if I am housebound my husband can go, but it's supposed to finally cool off. This particular church hosts this program. It is a food-sharing program of sorts and focuses on healthy food. I think there are other supports added into the program too. I am looking forward to it and hoping it will improve the quality of food I can get. Maybe meeting other people in our boat, will help. I need people around me who can RELATE TO MY LIFE and won't judge me.

With the diabetes and rest, I need to eat very healthy food. Hopefully we will meet some new people. Some volunteer work may be required but I have had other people work around my disabilities and housebound times. I sure hope it doesn't turn out like my going to the drop-in center did.  Some charity programs may ask you to be in budgeting or job classes for the non-disabled. We don't care if that happens. The community knows my husband works with his name in the newspapers here.

6 comments:

  1. I will pray that it will come soon and you will get healthy food you need that will last a month. Hope you will good people there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it will work out too and will bring more healthy food. I hope the people are nice too.

      Delete
  2. That's great news. When people work together to create these things, I just love it. It looks very yummy too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joan :) I think it is great when people work together on things like this.

      Delete
  3. What a great thing! Hope it works out well for you!

    ReplyDelete