Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Where are the Assanti Brothers Today?


 The Assanti brothers, were two brothers that appeared on My 600lb Life. I wrote about them both years ago on this blog. Malignant Narcissism on My 600lb Life.

It looks like some things have remained the same for Steven Assanti. He did lose some weight, down to 500lbs from 700lbs but spoke to Dr. Now of continuing difficulties. In the video, he claims he was able to overcome his drug addiction. 

My theory about Steven Assanti is that he has male Lipedema, his lymphedema is obviously serious. Notice how much thinner he is on the top than on the bottom. He definitely has other problems including food addiction but this is a problem that looks very neglected. This may explain why his weight loss surgery didn't take off more weight.

I am frustrated that this problem never seemed to be treated and his legs just grew worse. It was always shocking to me, they never even did the basics of compression therapy for his legs. Dr. Now focused on weight loss it seemed while ignoring his extreme lymphedema problems [no matter their cause]. Sadly his personality disorders are on display especially in the part of the video where he says he will get to focus on sex instead of food when discussing moving in with his new wife to be.

Steven says his wife is threatening divorce in this video due to his problems but it seems Stephanie Sanger and him are still married. I looked up his marriage online, and there doesn't seem to be any evidence they have divorced yet. 

Justin's life seems to have grown and his business running a hobby shop with models and gaming seems to have pulled off. I hope Covid didn't affect his business and it is still running well to this day. He had some weight loss down to the 400s but I don't know if he continued to lose or not. Both brothers definitely have some type of genetic and medical issue influencing things. 

Even my own brother got very heavy. I am no contact, but I saw a picture of him some years ago, where his weight was very close to my own. Sadly, my family never listened to me, I told my brother of my own Lipdema diagnosis, before I went fully no contact with him. It's doubtful he ever absorbed or dealt with the information. Before I was no contact, I remember saying "You and your son, show signs of this disorder". 

Justin seems like a nice person but he definitely has a lot to overcome dealing with his brother's personality disorders and abuse. Justin seems to have gone no contact with his brother, Steven, and I think that is a very wise decision. He should maybe turn an eye to his father, and take a look at that relationship too. The father seemed way too over-eager to make Justin reunite with Steven like a flying monkey. 

It was rumored online that Steven Assanti had died but he is still alive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment