Tuesday, November 11, 2014

The Obesity Conspiracy: The Volume of Bad Food Growing in Stores



He is right about fat people often being sick people. He warns about things I have on this blog. In my case, I believe they are fattening us up for soft population control AND money and believe there is an obesity conspiracy.

This guy is right about how they are increasing the bad food in the grocery store.  A local store has gotten three complaint emails from me for getting rid of GOOD food and increasing BAD food.  My life is usually not a curmudgeon writing complaint letters but this impacted my life enough to say something.  Buying good food is getting to be a harder and harder enterprise. My time cooking is far more then other people. Chopping stuff is a constant for my meals. Two got responses from the corporate PR types and they put one food item back for me but the third complaint, they told me the sales volume was down too far on my chosen items. Am I going to pay badly for the poor tastes of others?

I avoid Wal-Mart so this is another large shopping center. This is my only choice, outside of two small expensive grocery stores and a Wal-Mart. I may try an Aldi's soon. The veggie stands of course are closed for the season.  One thing I have noticed is that the JUNK FOOD VOLUME has gone way up in the stores. Two weeks ago I went grocery shopping, and in shock, I realized 6 things I usually buy vanished within one week!. These were all healthy items. As I turned around seeing all the frozen garbage I couldn't eat full of MSG and all the chips, cookie and candy, I thought to myself, "Why is this happening?"

Some of the items that disappeared were non-GMO veggies patties, non-GMO tofu--the only brand I'm not allergic to, white -low fat frozen turkey burgers, and a brand of non-GMO cereal.

What was I to think? Do people like to eat all the trash? I suppose so. For some reason my small town community seems to have an allergy to health food.  Remember I am poor, but want some healthy food. I know the cost may have something to do with this, but it made me very sad. The American palate is probably destroyed in a lot of people with the garbage non-food too.

No comments:

Post a Comment