Saturday, August 25, 2018

Gym Notes

I've had two people come up to me at the gym and give me encouragement. One woman told me she was "proud" of me. For daring to even be there? Hey I will take all the positive messages I can take. Why not? Other fat people should not be scared off from the gym. You may not fit on all the equipment but some will work for you.

 I hope I can make it back soon, I am housebound tomorrow. We have been averaging twice a week. I check the weather to see when is the next time I can go. I'm continuing with the weights, and the stepper, it's slow going but some exercise is better then none.

Exercise seems to affect my problems with depression, in that, if I exercised one day, there is less depression. There's no miracles, I am still in bed too much at home controlling swelling, fighting thrush, but I have been able to add on the weights so some stamina is growing. :)

2 comments:

  1. I think it's cool that people are being encouraging at the gym. I've gone to some gyms that are not friendly to people who aren't super fit, so I really like the idea of people cheering you on. Maybe she meant she was proud of you because it's hard to get oneself to go to the gym even if one doesn't have mobility issues or health issues and you have to deal with both and you STILL go to the gym. You should be proud of yourself! Twice a week is great. I average about twice a week as well and it's a half an hour drive to the gym, but I also just feel so much more lighthearted and optimistic. It's weird you suffer at the gym and then you feel better. I don't understand it, but I'll take it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad they have been encouraging too. This gym is friendly to the non fit, I know some are not. I think you could be right about what she meant. Thanks so much. Yeah LOL about suffering to feel better. It's great you make it twice a week too, thanks so much. :)

      Delete