Friday, January 2, 2015

Write a Song to Cheer Yourself Up

When we get bummed out, sometimes I and my husband will write songs to cheer ourselves up. I would tell you some of the titles, but my husband has put a few of these online and people can figure out my identity via them even though they are just personal songs and never been sold but he has performed them at open mics and other places. He does give me credit whenever I have written a song or co-written one. This can be a great stress release. It came out as an outgrowth of our involvement in poetry. Some of the songs are like folks songs, but using lyrics about real life with humor and satire attached. We wrote a new song today, he put in some quips about our dreaded yuppies, I said put in a line about narcissists! He added one. LOL

1 comment:

  1. I, too, enjoyed our session -- actually, I haven't posted that latest song anywhere, so if we can figure out a place where people can hear it, let's put it up. I can record a quick guitar-and-me version so people get the idea, which will shed another light on the world of Peep!

    ReplyDelete