Tuesday, May 10, 2022

Nine Years of No Contact




9 years the end of June... 

 Mother's Day still sucks. 

 I had to walk from the entire family as many long time readers know. The last of the cousins was around 4 years ago? It's hard to remember.

BTW I still get hoovered. Even now. Some people never change. Some narcissists probably life long will "test boundaries" hoping you have a weak spot or a day of woeful nostalgia That's hard for me because outside of "getting a few things or nice trips", I don't have memories of hugs or nice moments.  The siblings were somewhat fun as children but that changed.

Nothing was resolved. Don't hold out for that dream that your family will "wake up" or you will get allies. In the beginning I had these dreams, that some allies "may come around". Some main narcissists would choose a new scapegoat and the new scapegoat's eyes would open. Forget about it. I still wouldn't let them in the door anyway.

I'm a stranger now anyhow. I've been gone a long time. Seriously after 9 years they would not recognize me in the street, my looks radically changed.  I looked pretty youthful through my 40s, but that's over with now. There's kids who were still at home with Mom and Dad, who are now in their first jobs and out of the house.

Life got better until Covid came. I was seeing it blossom. I do wonder how good things would have gotten. It was on the way if that makes sense. My health of course was always a problem.

Don't be me and wait until your 40s to get out. Get out as young as possible. Don't waste time people pleasing, people will abuse you more. I've been able to find nice people but just as the tide was turning Covid cracked everything down. 

 I'm being punished now by sociopaths and narcissists, their names are Bill Gates, and too many politicians. It's weird how I warned the boomers may burn down this world before they shuffle off this mortal coil. Maybe there's a 100 year cycle on crappy generations. Not every boomer is bad, but have you noticed we have this 100 year cycle of the worse? There were a bunch of revolutions even in the 1790s-1820s. The Fourth Turning people probably based their theories on this. 

I suspect during other times of revolutions, wars and social distress, there's been other people escaping crappy families but it's a bad combination to face isn't it? You feel alone as the world burns down, but if we were around them, they would just stress us out more. My family was of the system, and I would lay down money that all of them lined up for the vaxxes and believe Fauci. Maybe the cousin who married a homeschooled religious girl was talked out of it, but whose to know?

 My siblings and cousins became horrible people. Sometimes you think of them young and remember some life and vitality and think "What happened?". That's not to say I didn't get old and grumpier but at least I kept some passion in life and desire for truth.

 You do deal with loss even as you grow old, because you see other people with their families even people older then you hanging out with nephews, nieces, grandchildren etc. It's weird to me how I know these 60-80 years olds and they tell me things like, "my nephew came to visit", or "my sisters and I bought a house together".  I have one local friend who helps to take care of a severely sick sister. You see the connections that were lost long ago.

It can be hard to deal with the outside world wondering why you have no family. To spare myself pain, I told most they died off, some did. It is a decision I would make again and have no regrets for it. This changed my later years of no contact for the better. This was the cardinal mistake I made in the early years and yes, I got a lot of predators who came out to play. There's some people even friends of 4-5 years I never told. Some people don't have the capacity to understand. It's better they never faced this. They came from loving families that cared about them.

 However as I got older and wiser, I realized the immensity of what was lost to be in a family that did not value me, to be around sociopathic/narcissistic abusers, the invalidation and more. You do see a big gaping hole. The hole was there long before I walked. Over the years, I thought of those times when no one was there for me, there was one moment in college, another time when I hit severe poverty before I knew my husband. There never was the feeling, "Those people are my kin and they will help me, they care". There was only fear, rejection and harm. I think while knowing the truth is painful, it's better then living in the delusion of supposedly "having a family". You don't except the one you have with a spouse, partner, your own children or found friends.

Strange memories did arise over the years. I suppressed A LOT. There can be a lot of layers to the onion. I do think because of the autism and my extreme obesity/stage 4 Lipedema, the abuse went in deeper. The outside world wasn't the saving grace it can be to many. I would find community and kind people, but the having no family thing, made the endless losses even harder. This is one reason I am not coping well with Covid. 

Those who were able to have a family of their own probably can "heal" more as an ACON especially if they break the cycle for new generations. However for some of us who got too damaged physically and mentally by our abuse, one price of that is often you can end up childless. Of course many due to the bad example given by their parents or other choices and focuses in life choose to be child free. 

You miss the people who were never there. I was spared a lot of BS being gone. Yes they still hoover me but they never change and it is the same crap over and over. They will never apologize or wake up or be like a regular human with a heart and conscience. Engrave that in your soul, because otherwise you'll waste a lot of years. I became a different personality, I don't take crap from anyone now and avoid abusers. I do think of the people who should be there but aren't. They really don't exist. 

I got to the point where I wouldn't think of them for days unless a recent hoover happened. Mother's Day kind of sucks because it revives things. It does bring the "bad stuff" back to my mind for a little bit every year. They became "those people I used to have to deal with", "ghosts of the past". Honestly they are all a mystery to me now. Kids with 9 years added to them aren't even the same people anymore. I'm not the same person. They would not recognize who I am now either. They never really knew me anyhow. 

No contact was a good decision. I do not regret it. There are some prices that come with it, but that is true of everything. Life is far better not being abused. I just feel sadness that years I could be having now in freedom have been affected by Covid. It seems just so unfair. 


14 comments:

  1. I had a strange call from a cousin a few weeks ago i hadnt seen him for 10 years at least but he came out and asked what is wrong between me and my mother . I dont think he liked the answer much . I pointed out that even when we were children i viewed him and my other cousins as strange because they had mothers who loved and supported them , i went home to my mothers version of hell each day . It serves no purpose to fill him in the gory parts of my mother after 50 odd years but still sometimes I want to scream it from the roofs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah that is weird to come out of the blue. She may have complained to him or got him up to it. Yeah he probably didn't like the answer. I remember those feelings, my cousins had a very loving mother. Understand what you mean about screaming it from the roof tops. Be careful that this guy wasn't some kind of flying monkey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't call my mother for mothers day and I feel guilty about it. Yet I doubt she feels guilty for being horrible to me all my life.
    It's really hard to drop all the inner self sabotage that is done to you by narcissist's. You constantly think everything is your fault because they told you it was. It's the hardest thing to work through .I get these breakthroughs where I am sick of running their narrative through my head so I stop for a while, but it can creep back in. I think it is a deeply entrenched pattern because it started so early in your life. I'm still working on it. I just try to be more kind to myself lately because they never are.
    Stay strong - Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah tell yourself she won't feel guilty over you. I felt guilty when in contact and even calling, "oh I didn't send a nice enough card, I couldn't afford a big bouquet like that sibling or dinner like that cousin." I don't miss any of that. Yeah the inner self sabotage comes creeping in on me. Nothing is ever "perfect" enough, and it's exhausting. Thanks for telling me you relate. I fight against it, with messages of my own but it can creep in. LOL I drew a Budgie cartoon once, about how sometimes my hard boiled eggs come out hard to peel and I got mad in the comic because hers were always perfect. That's the creepy thing how they present themselves as the measure of all. I trained self to criticize them in my mind to find back against the narrative. Yeah I am able to stop it too but during weak moments, illness, stress it can come crawling back. I agree about us being kind to each other. :)

      Delete
  4. Yes, illness and stress make you weak to the all the negative stuff. And yes, I don't miss feeling not good enough! I also tortured myself about every little thing(is my card etc. good enough!). It's total carnage what they do to your mind.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, total carnage to the mind and the world can help prop it up being narcissist run. I try to ignore the "little things" now, not always easy. ACONS can struggle with being overwhelmed and endless expectations.

      Delete
  5. I can relate.

    But I'm not feeling so guilty - what happened to me was such a "false flag operation", such an erroneous line of BS, that I feel as guilty about it as Ukraine feels about Russia attacking it.

    Don't forget that narcissists are extremely, extremely jealous (and paranoid) to the point where they are so uncomfortable that they relieve it by attacking the person who they think is "provoking" them to feel that way. And yes, just by existing you can be targeted.

    That's the whole reason they need puppets, yes-men, clones. If they weren't jealous (and paranoid), they wouldn't need all of this, or even any flying monkeys.

    It's also why they don't come out and say, "I wasn't getting enough narcissistic supply from my daughter; she wasn't acting like enough of a clone, and she's too intelligent for me, so I took her down a notch or two. So now she's gone no-contact in response and I don't have any other one of my kids to attack in the same degree because they aren't used to it and I know they'll leave faster than she left, so I've got to find a way to hoover her back to have a scapegoat. I gotta have a scapegoat! Please help me!"

    No, they're going to tell everyone they are a victim instead, which produces shame in them (because their victim-hood is a lie). And then they are jealous of people who live in the truth. Oh, no, not more jealousy to contend with!

    There was a woman in a forum recently whose N mother came to her house and said to her daughter: "You don't deserve a house this nice! You are not the kind of person who deserves something like this!" That mother let her jealousy "all hang out", but the daughter took it as "She always tells me I'm not good enough. What do I have to do to be good enough?" She took it as a self esteem hit - but maybe she should have taken her mother's jealousy of her house as a compliment?

    I get it, however, It's hard not to take the barbs seriously. I used to as a child. But I think all of us should be looking under the hood when a NM is blaring at us obnoxiously in this way.

    cont ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you don't feel the guilt, and yeah we dealt with such erroneous lines of BS. Yes many are jealous and paranoid. My narcs would start fights just to have them too. Many people don't realize they start fights to have "fun"--narcs don't like peace and joy. It was revelatory to me that their acts of raging, constant criticism and fights were done on purpose. You can just be standing there and made a target for no reason at all.

      All of them set up the allies usually fellow narcs or cowards to do their bidding. Even with this Covid stuff, they need lots of sold out, compromised, "dumb", overpaid stuffed suits with no morals and consciences. It's how they all work. I was talking to someone the other day how the ascent of narcissists is ruining our world, I saw some of your new blogging topics and they look great, looking forward to reading them.

      I get the feeling my NM knows the two amoral golden children aren't going to put up with what I did and even after all these years hasn't switched to a new scapegoat. Everyone moved away for a reason, even her suck-ups. I doubt she will find much supply from two people who drain it from others and are just like her. Hey did you see Ma Duggar's letter defending her disgusting son to the judge to get him less years in jail. That's a definitely golden child, they still keep throwing the rest under the bus for. They kiss his butt even as he commits the most disgusting vile crimes possible, and freeze out and cut off another daughter just for getting a nose ring and wearing pants.

      So it's constant testing of boundaries, seeing if the wall is weak. Sadly probably are fantasy scapegoats in absentia. She's probably got me built up to extreme monster status after all these years. The hoovering too will make victim status possible. "I tried so hard, I wrote her--[yeah one line that someone's boss could write in a card] to give herself cover.

      Mine definitely was so jealous, even seeing how she operated around other women was insane.
      I agree that woman should have taken her mother's jealousy of her house as a compliment. Why even have a jealous woman serve as your measuring stick too? "you don't deserve it!" is their constant mantra. I hope that woman is protecting herself from any would be sabotage. Mine was always comparing people's houses, clothes and cars. It was nuts.

      I agree about looking under the hood. Examine their faults as much as they did ours and focused on them with the detriment of everything else.

      Thanks Lise

      Delete
  6. You said "Many people don't realize they start fights to have "fun"--narcs don't like peace and joy. It was revelatory to me that their acts of raging, constant criticism and fights were done on purpose. You can just be standing there and made a target for no reason at all." - I agree.

    The other astonishing thing to me was that they deem themselves to be experts on knowing who other people are, but when you are really hurt over something, they can't tell? Ever? Give me a break! When I was around kids, I could tell when something wasn't right, and even guessed the type of abuse accurately on many occasions.

    I think when it comes to narcs, their lack of empathy and living in a "la la" fantasy world where only golden children, clones, yes-men, sycophants and flying monkeys seem "right" to them, they can't ever know the truth.

    So they don't know us. You can practically scream who you are from the rooftops and they still don't know you. Or even really care what you are about (even when you are their kid). They only really know you from how well their power and control fantasies are working for them in regards to you. Kind of the way Putin relates to Ukraine.

    Which is to say, that as far as a predatory relationship, they know what hurts us (to some extent) and they use it unabashedly, and after awhile with as much destructive force as they can, so they think they know us from that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lise, yeah they pretend to know us, they sure tell everyone about us and their false picture of us. I think about the sheer invisibility, and lack of validation. Like I was a ghost in my own life. They certainly weren't going to pick up on the emotions of a hurting child. There's no bond with narcissists, it's living with robots in a way, no love, no nostalgia, no true attachement. Some of them feign a little bit but it's not real. Yeah the only thing they bother to learn about us, isn't your favorite color or book or what your dreams are but what buttons to push to make you suffer the most.

      Delete
  7. Thrown Away DaughterJune 21, 2022 at 10:41 PM

    I very much relate to this. I wish I knew what I learned about narcs, flying monkeys and Golden Children thirty years ago. Would have saved me a lot of heartache and sorrow. Yes, narc mother gets off on chaos, drama, and emotionally harming sensitive and shy people.
    I never had a family. I was more like an indentured servant, unpaid housekeeper, cook and babysitter.
    One of my brothers died in March, he was younger than me. Beat the living crap out of me, nearly killed me, which is the main reason I went no contact with parents. I was shocked my oldest brother called me. I did not call him back but I sent cards to him and my other brothers, my brother's widow and his ex wife. I sent a really nice floral arrangement to his widow because I didn't think my mother or siblings would bother. Here's the thing. Not one has called me or sent me a condolence card. Not one has acknowledged the cards.
    I didn't expect it, but why does it still rattle me? Not one of them has asked after me or has shown one tiny bit of concern. I suppose the reality is frightening but a lot less dangerous than they are to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I knew things too 30 years ago, I would have been spared a lot of pain too so I'm there with you. Mine used to mock me for being too sensitive. It's sick, that your parents defended a brother that almost killed you. I know you meant well sending flowers and cards, that's sad they did not respond at all but not surprising. It is painful to the face the fact how little they do care about us. I had to face it and that i never had a family either. You were put to work by them and only useful in that. Mine literally don't care if I live or die and this was true when I was around them begging for a little validation. People died and I sent nothing, which I am sure many probably figured was cold to the extreme. Even with Aunt Scapegoat I didn't send flowers nothing just said nothing. She had slammed so many doors in my face, that I couldn't do it. I think about that time I drove 120 miles to visit her on a weekend in my early 20s, she did not work, and lived alone, and she shut her door and said she did not want anyone visiting her. That was some major rejection. Yeah it's horrible to face. Walking away at least ended the sham. If there's another death in the family, I would rethink sending anything, it will only hurt you.

      Delete