Sunday, April 26, 2015

A Not To Do List for Chronic Illness


My list for this week:

1. Go Mellow out!

2. "It is not your fault, you have tried your best!"

3.  Distract myself. One hobby I have that actually is kind of a weird one lately, is taking online psychological surveys. I hope my big fat Aspie self is not skewing tests. LOL I got to share my opinions about feminism on one and write about the emotions of music on another.

4. "Do what you can and let the chips fall where they may." A philosophy I had to embrace some years ago to avoid the psych ward.

5. Rest when you want. Sleep as much as you feel like sleeping. If you feel depressed go find something fun to do like read a comic.

I am giving myself pep talks today to avoid despair nipping at my heels:

1. You can make it through. They will get your sugars down.  {I've had my diet regulated for many months-I have to even to keep from gaining weight and the small loss}

2. Stop worrying about cancer, it could just be a cyst!

3. No more guilt for being sick! 

4. Remember all the people who love you like your husband and friends!




4 comments:

  1. Count me as one of those people who love you Peep....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Smakintosh. I love you as a brother in Christ too. I wrote under one of your videos today, I think God allowed the timing for it to come out at a time when I needed it. God bless you for your videos. The forgiveness one today blew my mind! I needed that. I have had so many condemn me as being "unforgiving" for being no contact.

      Delete
  2. What I learned was perfection is a mask for fear from my relationship site, I depend on it for a lot of things, not just good relationships. And that one, shop till you drop already has me exhausted. I have to shop for our food and because we live so far out of town, I have to shop so stuff lasts for a long period of time. I don't have to, but I do it anyway. I'm already exhausted. When I do it, I drop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it would be hard to have to shop knowing if you forgot one item it would be an extreme burden. I don't know how some folks do it. I know perfection can be a mask for people. I never went into perfection myself but I know people get caught up in details and having things perfect and often narcissism impose their own version of that on people.

      Delete