Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Tiny House


Tiny Houses and Fat People

I watched this show where they were selling tiny houses to rich people who wanted to save money. LOL I know I call them rich people but their tiny houses had real granite counters and stone walls and fancy teeny tiny furnishings. One thing I kept thinking, is I would never fit in any of these houses, and even at 300lbs I remember sleeping in some guy's trailer while visiting from out of town, with my husband and we almost got stuck in there just trying to move around. Tiny houses work for young millennial males who fit in skinny jeans and small lithe tiny young women but not for big people. Since America is growing fatter and taller, the tiny house movement is even more weird.

7 comments:

  1. That's so true! I love the idea of tiny homes, but at nearly 6 feet tall and with a 100 lb pooch (or two) there's just no way. The space-saving ideas are pretty creative though :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the poor dogs wouldnt even be able to fit in the place, and at 6 feet tall you would be in or a hard time.

      Delete
    2. There's a very funny 1 minute clip poking fun at 'tiny living' and it's downsides in this episode of Portlandia (it's only the first minute, and I didn't watch the rest of it, and apologize if there is anything offensive beyond that point).

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywT-E5mGyAQ

      Delete
  2. It's all about appearances; thus the upgraded kitchen that will never be used, nor will anything else in that child's playhouse sitting in the backyard.
    At least not until about Jr. HIgh when it will become the place to "do it." ;-)
    TW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found myself thinking those homes will never be used. Even just thinking of the messiness of life, those little places would be trashed within a short time. If you live in a place where there's nowhere to put anything that makes it even harder. LOL the ones who have in the back yards, better watch out for the kids. I see it as a child's play house, maybe some of the rich kids playhouses are BIGGER.

      Delete
  3. You can easily make more room just by throwing your significant other out on his ass.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. some on those shows said they felt crammed in just with one more person. The people with kids boggled my mind.

      Delete