Sunday, April 9, 2017

The Chains Will Never Bind You: You Will Be Okay



I always loved this song. I saw Les Miserables twice in college on the stage. All of us who have escaped want to tell newly realized ACONS, you can be free. I found myself telling my husband after a nice day at the art museum and eating some Chinese food, I can feel time itself healing the wounds. I said to him, the bad stuff is ebbing away more, like a receding tide. The false guilt goes poof. You live life, time marches on.  Grief smooths away, even grief at losing a "family" you never really had. Don't give up in the process. I know it can be hard but time helps a lot. You can be free. Thanks to Narcissistic Survivor for this video.

"For the wretched of the earth
There is a flame that never dies.
Even the darkest night will end
And the sun will rise.

They will live again in freedom
In the garden of the Lord.
We will walk behind the ploughshare;
We will put away the sword.
The chain will be broken

And all men will have their reward."

                 

No comments:

Post a Comment