Sunday, September 2, 2018

From Zero to 60: The Major Hoover Attempt

                                   
My brother wrote back to his no contact letter.

They recently tried to hoover me. I know 5 years in, they are still popping up like poisonous pennies. Maybe I erred engaging. In his case, there had never been a no contact letter. I decided to send one for legal reasons--I wanted a documentation that I wanted nothing more to do with him, and to put closure on it all.  I told him off 2 and half year  on the phone, the day he told me Aunt Scapegoat had died. That had been our last contact.

A few months ago, I ignored a card my mother sent and threw it away, that came a few days before my 20th anniversary. In this she said, her husband was dying. This is the husband she married around 10 years ago. He's a nice guy but fully under her control. I wasn't even invited to their wedding which was held on January 10th. I feel bad he's dying. People drop like flies around Queen Spider but no relationship with him is possible while no contact.

 Because the guilt game did not work to slide back into scapegoat place and because my mother's husband was dying, my brother only a few months later was called out as a flying monkey. He told me he wanted to come and visit me. I refused. I have not seen him in almost 9 years. I don't think he has even been in my state in all those years either but have no way for knowing for sure. He went to visit my mother. I had messages blocked, but a few came in.  I have to lock down my social media more. He had others emailing and messaging me too. He told me he wanted to visit, another nephew was used as a pawn.

"We want to see you", well you all know the game. The "forgive and forget" side step. I told him off on the phone, 2 and half years ago but he came back, like nothing had happened. This time he was acting nice, saying he wanted to do lunch and bring the nephews. I ignored the messages for weeks, but then felt afraid, that he'd show up at the door uninvited. I probably erred engaging at all, but for me having final closure works better.

 Some people have recommended legal means to be left alone. Well I have to put my barriers up higher.  I erred letting the messages come through and seeing them. There was one block that actually failed, I have to figure out what happened still. I cannot underestimate my mother's total control of people now.

Here is what I wrote him:


 I tried to talk things out with you for years, and it was a waste of time, you did nothing but make excuses, invalidate me, deny my abuse, tell me you were busy over and over, and defended their abuses and cruelty, telling me I was always in the wrong or had to put up with it. I have given up on any of you changing. You are what you are, and so am I, a person that doesn't want to deal with it anymore.

 Earlier he had written me this, notice the minimization and rest. I fixed the grammar and spelling mistakes. My husband agrees he is in deep denial.

Never did I deny anything you said about our childhood. But unlike you I decided NOT to allow it to define me.

So totally removing me and *********** and your nephews from your life makes absolutely no sense. I'm willing to agree to disagree on this issue. I wish the same could be said about you. I've forgiven Mom and Dad for all the shit they put me and you through. I guess you have not.
And as far as choosing Mom over you? This makes no sense. This is our first trip to {my state} since the last time I saw you and **********. So seeing you guys is as much a priority if not more as seeing Mom. And i want to see {mother's husband} he is not doing well and wish to spend some time with him. He's a great guy whatever you think and deserves respect regardless of your feelings about Mom.
..........

As far as being busy? I run a business and have for 26 years. And as any self-employed person will tell you is not a five day a week, 9-5 job. I still put in 10-12 hour days. Even when I'm not out selling I'm still doing something business related. But after 26 years most days I still enjoy it very much. But I am taking 3 days off this weekend and with all that free time, which i get very rarely, I've choose to spend some of it with you. Unfortunately I guess ...... you don't forgive people right? I always believe people deserve second chances and sometimes third or fourths as we are human and none of us are perfect. 


I guess if you feel this strongly that I have treated you so bad there is nothing i can do to change your mind. Sad really. There's a lot I've wanted to talk to about but guess that not going to happen. All I asked was we could come see you which we don't very often. I know it's impossible for you to visit us but understand it's not something I'm able to do frequently either so I hope you change your mind and take advantage of this opportunity to see each other. Neither one of us is getting any younger.

I just wanted to be left alone. I didn't want any more of his games, bragging, shaming or guilt inducements, so I decided to write back and make that his official no contact letter. Maybe this was an error and I should have kept to the last phone call it, but since I had just been informed of Aunt Scapegoat's death that day, I didn't have time to say even more I wanted to. At least now the door is closed as far as he is concerned for good.

Here is some of what I wrote him:

You had two and half years to apologize or stand up for me. You actually helped enable the over-all abuse. You are denying what I said about our childhood here. Also telling me I have let it define me is bullshit. I am defining myself outside of a family that never had any respect for me, that is the road to recovery not denial like yours.

I am not talking about childhood all the time but how I was treated as an adult into my 40s. Maybe you think it's okay to keep people in your life who rip you down--they did all the time behind your back, you know, and who refuse to invite you, ignore your health needs or drive by your apt without stopping by and teach many others to treat you with disrespect. Your response here has only proven that I have made the right decision.

The whole family spoke to me the same way you did in private messages and emails, telling me they were "too busy" even when they drove right by my house, ignoring my private messages, even some I wrote only a couple times a year, coming to visit your mother and making sure "not to tell me" because they were busy. People chose their priorities. Busy is an excuse. This relationship was long ago over, because you were "too busy" as you told me every time I tried to write you a private message only once every few months. The fact you are doing it yet again is disgusting.
.......

 I am tired of the put-downs. Even here your first response is to minimize things and tell me how the kids you worked with were more abused. Hmm, you probably will tell them all to "forgive" their unrepentant abusers and take it, instead of going no contact and bettering their lives, and finding people to uplift their lives.


So here, you showed the usual disrespect which backs up my decision.

At times you would appear shocked at what I told you like what she said about wishing [Aunt Scapegoat] would die that time but you would always revert to your brainwashing. So I am wasting my time.


It's almost been 9 years. Do you remember when I asked you to visit me, and you told me to send you 1,000 dollars? That was funny because the very next month I saw a picture of your Christmas tree with thousands of dollars of presents under it.

How do you forgive someone who keeps repeating the same behavior? Forgiveness is for those who repent. It is not for those incapable of feeling guilt. That is false forgiveness. When behavior is repeated over and over, then you are just a sucker. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.
...............

 Also when you go on about the business, it's to brag, I'm not stupid. Just like you bragged to me constantly about your new cars, computers and furniture with pictures included. How do you think that made me feel?

Sure people deserve second chances, but there's a point where people are toxic and harmful to a person and that applies here. With the family, I gave multiple chances. How long did you all expect me to hang around being treated so badly? I mean are any of you truly surprised I walked?
.........

Even your first message here was an insult, acting like nothing had happened since our last phone call in 2016. You never acknowledged anything I discussed and your constant dismissive messages of "get over it", "leave the past in the past" and "let it go" BS was just said to silence me and here you repeat all of it. Playing "forgive and forget" games where I am supposed to get back in line while nothing is resolved is a waste of time.

So yes I do feel you have treated me badly, you are treating me badly in this response. You are invalidating me same like before, it just has helped cement my decision. It's the same old thing over and over.

Really what do we have to talk about, you don't respect anything I have to say. ........I believe the only reason you are contacting me now is because Mom told you too, since I ignored a card she sent three months ago.

As I said, maybe one day you will wake up but I am not counting on it.
Goodbye

***********************************************
I was doing a lot better, "forgetting" about them. I'm even kind of embarrassed to be writing about being drawn into the spiral again, and almost made the choice not to post about this. I still plan to continue with my life as before. The final door is shut on him. 

Maybe for two steps forward there can be one back. I was happier and becoming more calm. Focusing on trying to enjoy life and moving forward with it. I need to put some higher barriers, control on the mail, and more social media blocking. They are always trying to control me via emotions since they have none. There's always all these people dying around her. She sucks their energy like a sponge.

One thing many ACONs need to be warned of is often no contact must be maintained. I am sure I have made my errors. Some ACONS online told me it seems odd that my family is tracking me down so much and it seems extreme. They told me they were just discarded and that was that.

One thing is I don't want to drive people around me crazy talking about the horrible family when finally I had stopped for months, and felt good. The light at end of the tunnel was getting far brighter.  My only way to deal now is consider this a blip on the map and keep moving forward.

 I don't think I ever will understand how she got them all in her back pocket so easily but there's nothing I can do about it.  It is hard to describe my emotions of disappointment and grief here. I had my deconversion but it's scary to watch the universe, or whatever force runs this place, always choosing her.  One apology, one nice word outside of bragging, or showing off or being Mommy's flying monkey and I may have relented. The same goes for all the other cold narcissists I walked away from. They are INCAPABLE of it.

He was abused too, some of my most horrible memories are watching him being beaten in front of me. He could have been an ally but was not. Internalized Oppression has him worshipping his sociopathic mistress: "Mom". Understand this is some of why I took so long to let him go. I certainly gave it enough time. I had to face facts too about what kind of person he had become too.

It is kind of creepy that someone can go from 0-60 in asking for a visit nicely to "Go Fuck Yourself" so quickly but that's life with narcissists.

One thing with the narcs, if there's any milestones or birthdays or anniversaries coming by your way, realize these are some of the moments they will strike.  This can happen years later as my example illustrates. I hit a 20 year marriage anniversary and 50th birthday, all within a short period of time. My father died on Labor Day weekend 20 years ago, so I am not surprised this weekend was chosen either for the attempted hoovering. You are not paranoid if you sniff the subtle manipulations.

With my brother, I gave him far too long and too much patience. He is a disappointment. He always talked to me in a very negative fashion. The grand business is selling candy bars from a van with teenagers. Some states have outlawed these "candyman scams" but not in the one he lives in. He calls it a charity, taking them on a few youth trips a year but having them sell candy bars door to door, and he lives off the proceeds. He does work and make money, he is on a far higher socioeconomic level then me but it's just more of the bragging and family-wide materialism.

The candy business may not last long. He has very poor health too telling me that he still has problems from his quadruple bypass of three years ago.  Illness has spread through the family even to the sociopath's willing victims and sycophants.  There is no relationship left, and even then I consider him in the category of another narcissist I had to get out of my life.

I spent a lot of my childhood having to defend myself from him fighting like a boy, never protected as a girl. He always spoke to me like a thug, learning from his parent's examples.


26 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting this blog, Peep. It is highly needed for those who are dealing with hoovering, love bombing, guilt trip, manipulations, and charms from sadistic malignant narcissists who are happy when bad things happen to others. Your brother sounds like a sadistic malignant narc himself because he does not care if you were in pain when you still contacted him in the past.

    The screenshot of your brother's responses to your no contact letter is an example of narc rages that make some cower. We have been passed this stage since we learned about different types of narcissism and that sadistic malignant narcs are the ones we need to stop contacting or break up.

    If we do not cut sadistic malignant narcs out of our lives, we could suffer severe health problems and depression, loss of reputation, loss of livelihood from job or income loss, loss of affection from children and non-narcissistic family members and relative, loss of a spouse or something like that.

    It's true that narcs come into our lives when we are happy and doing well. Another thing about narcs is that they break apart close relationships because narcs are unable to form close relationships. Instead, narcs make themselves look good by criticizing and putting others down. Some narcs use makeup, tanning salon, and chemical peels to make themselves look attractive. Please read articles about somatic narcissistic. These are examples that are not exhaustive.

    I hope you will not hear from your abusive relatives again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks anon, I hope this post helps others, some narc family will pull out all stops, using guilt--especially over people dying, love bombing--fake smiles and then you see the "mask" drop and they are cussing you out and making threats,
      and other endless manipulations.

      Even late into no contact some may come to bother you, and well people need to know this is a danger, even 5 years in.

      I have realized my brother is a malignant narcissist too, not as high functioning as my mother, but it's there. Before I had him pegged as at least a covert but now I realize no he is full blown.

      He treated women including his ex-wife abysmally, so there's that. He never stood up for me either. I refused to see him knowing this was probably the last chance too. His health is extremely poor in some ways worse then mine though I am disabled and he still "works"

      He never cared about any of my feelings either. Never listened. He is very selfish like the rest. I know I gave him more of a chance, because he would talk to me a little unlike the rest, but he is just like them and under their sway.

      Yeah he uses rage a lot. He is a rageholic like my father was. I have noticed he does it to control people too just like them... I thought with age some of this would have mellowed--remember my contact was rare but it seems to have worsened.

      Sometimes when escaping, you are so busy running from the higher tier narcs you don't really take a closer look at the other ones. Yes we learn the different types of narcissists and that it is best to have them all out of our lives. I had more memories about him, how I had to fight all the time--physical fights, to defend myself against him, how my parents catered to him--they beat him too unlike the golden child sister, but there were times where he was the golden child at least for the day until he lost one of my father's tools or one of his report cards came in or my father got bored and wanted to stir up some trouble.

      I know I am paying the price for getting out so late though I know many never escape, I warn young ACONS get out as fast as you can and don't wait around trying to get their love, or attention or care, because it never will be there, no matter what you do. Also if you can move away, do so.

      There's no hope in the family, all relationships are gone. Narcs will do their damnest to break apart relationships. My Nmother made sure there would be no allies within the family, like the lies told to Aunt Scapegoat and things I discovered there. I know my brother is fully under her control, and well, his own narcissism made that even more possible.

      Yeah they can pop up when one is doing happy and well. I hope I will not hear from them ever again. At this point they have to realize I am not coming back. I am thinking now is the time for a discard, since they know their endless guilt trips, manipulations and lies won't work anymore. I hope so. I don't want to be reminded of these people. They cast enough of a pall over my life. I am glad I did not let guilt or grief over losing more nieces or nephews suck me back into the morass to "get back in line" His talk of forgiveness was a joke to me. I think he cussed me out because he could not answer any of the points made. I have my closure now, and I know I wasted too much time on him hoping someone was there that really wasn't.

      https://fivehundredpoundpeeps.blogspot.com/search?q=brother

      Thanks for your post.

      Delete
    2. I really hope this is the last I hear of any of them.

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed your blog and I wanted to say that it was BEAUTIFULLY WRITTEN! But when your brother tells you to “get over it”, tell him you’re advocating and a advocator never sleeps! You May have went through hell with your childhood, but by you advocating, I now have more insight on your brother and people like him. I believe he has what they call Stockholm Syndrome, as he defends his and your abuser of a witch he calls “mom”!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim. Yes someone who is an advocate never sleeps. Yeah be careful of the flying monkeys and lower tier narcissists who do the bidding of the top ones, they are no different in many ways. I do believe he has Stockholm Syndrome. Notice how he repeats "Mom" over and over in his statements. He is VERY afraid of her. He never has raged against her. Never ever. Ex-wife, me, other people sure. But he wouldn't DARE against her. It's really sick. His whole life is centered around pleasing her. What's sick is my mother and sister used to bitch about him A LOT, they'd call him loser, he's richer then me but poorer then them, make fun of his weight, question his business etc etc. My sister knew of every dollar he got from my mother and would rant and rave. Yeah he's scared of her and he's totally owned by her too. So good riddance.

      Delete
  3. I felt my heart racing reading the messages - it just instantly put me back into childhood and being raged at. Whew! Scary stuff! But I think it's so great that you didn't fall for any of it. You should be really proud of yourself. The desire to connect - even when you know it's impossible - I think never fully goes away - and so you should feel great that, even though you're out of practice fending off the @ssholes off, you did a great job with it. It's always horrible to be back in contact with them but think you'll bounce back quickly because you've built up a longer experience of being free from them. I'm glad you posted about it - this kind of hoovering long after separation is a real thing. And yes, the politeness transforms instantly into venomous rage because they know that venomous rage is powerful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was definite rage he was spewing at me. Thanks regarding me not falling for it. Yeah those emotions of wanting to connect, nostalgia, etc, the narcissists can use that. It's true the longer experience of being away helped, their tricks aren't going to work like before. Yes this type of hoovering can happen long after separation, it's good to warn about such a thing where they can pop up like this. His polite "nice" mask fell really fast. I never have trusted him. She definitely used my raging father as an "enforcer" and this was the same thing.

      Delete
  4. Also let me just say your brother is a horrible horrible horrible person. Venom, projection, random rage, physical threats. Wow. You deserved better. So glad you have your nice husband.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Poor character are two words that don't even explain the extent of things either. He's just as mean as the other two, though they run cold and he runs hot. The venom is extreme, I never trusted him, the sweet talk in him coming back actually put me off and seemed fake. The projection and inability to see anything, definitely is there too. He has raged his whole life, and has an extreme violent temper. Of course this rage was never directed at my mother, so he "controls" it like narcissists do. Yeah the physical threats sucked too and crazy for someone his age to be spouting. I did deserve a lot better. Sometimes I wonder how the roulette wheel spun for so many poisonous assholes in a so called "family" but I did lose out. With husband I am very fortunate. Thanks for your post.

      Delete
    2. re: controlled rage - yes, it LOOKS like its out of control but it's not. my father, who was a rager, used to apologize afterward and say he'd never do it again and you had to instantly say it was fine and you loved him very much and believed him even though you knew it was a lie or else the rage would start afresh and bigger and last longer. but he always acted as if it were out of his control, like he didn't want to rage at you and attack you but he just couldn't help it. so as a child i felt very sorry for him that he went through these rages until i realized as an adult that they were very select. he would go through rages and destroy everyone else's things but his things always remained pristinely intact. so yes there is control. they choose who and what to try to destroy.

      Delete
    3. Yeah the rages are very select. I am sure your father never raged at his boss or others who may harm him. My brother never has raged at my mother. it is all very controlled when they need and want it to be. They know it gets results or is a way to browbeat people so they do it! I am glad you figured out what your father was doing.

      Delete
    4. Ain't that the truth! My abusive narc ex-husband, a teacher, never rages at his high school or his yacht club. He knows that shit won't fly there. So everyone he works and sails with thinks he's a helluva nice guy. He's a monster.

      Delete
    5. Yep, that's how they all are. My mother smiles, preens and hands out the presents, they think she's an angel, treatment of those they want to have a good appearance with can be night and day from how they treat the scapegoat. My father was lauded as the "best boss" too, he never showed anger or rages there. It blew my mind. Yeah your ex-husband will never show anger or meanness at these places.

      Delete
    6. Yes, selective rage. I know this one a little too well.

      I kind of look at selective rage as "fake emotions for an outcome."

      I broke with someone similar.

      Hard to tell what role your brother has been assigned by "Queen Spider". Lost Child maybe?

      Different children (adult children react in different ways):

      Typical Golden Child response: "Why can't you just please Mom like I do? You'd get along a lot better if you just pleased her, and skipped all the stuff about how hurt you are by her."

      Typical Lost Child response: "I'm as angry as you, but I don't let Mom know I'm angry to her face. My main concern are my interests and my career. I try to straddle your world, and I try not to piss anyone off with definite alliances. Why can't you be more like me?"

      Typical Mascot response: "Hey it's an extremely funny family. Mom gets angry, tries to break us all up (but we are SOOOOO together!). Just kidding. I'm looking forward to Thanksgivings where we take turns throwing the roast on the floor in anger, and then eat the ugly squashed bird! That would make my day! Just kidding! Why does this all have to be taken so seriously! Lighten up! None of this is going to impact your way of life! Next time Thanksgiving rolls around, laugh. You'll feel better, and so will Mom. Be like me for a change."

      So often, one child in one role does not understand the sibling in another role. And that's why toxic families break apart (sometimes completely). Roles are for the narcissist's use only, but sometimes we let it define us too. It's part of their agenda not to think about what their children are going through, thus assign a role. "Oh, the scapegoat is depressed and acting out again. So 'Her' to be depressed and speaking out against me. She's not going to get a thing by speaking out against me, and what does she think she'll gain from this? But it's not my problem to fix; it's her problem." -- Roles are just another way of getting the blame off of themselves and on to their children instead. They see themselves as perfect.

      Who wants a scapegoat role? So when scapegoat number one leaves, they need that role to be filled (desperately). It may go to your brother, especially if he is a lost child, as they are usually second in line for the scapegoat role. He may see your side of things eventually.

      Delete
    7. eah selective rage. She used him as an "enforcer" on me more times then not. I actually think he was more mad and scared at her lowering the boom on him for me not consenting to a visit, then he was actually at me for refusing. Remember I hadn't heard one word in more then 2 and half years.
      So I can go with your theory of 'selective rage'. He uses it to put people down, a rageaholic just like my father AND my father could turn it on and off like a spigot.

      I think he technically is a "lost child", the Queen ignores him and his children, no pictures of him in the house, but he often was put in a scapegoat role too, she would smear him to kingdom come behind the scenes. I KNOW HE'S NEXT IN LINE to be the top scapegoat. Many of the Queen's relatives already ostracize him. The only thing working against this is he lives farther away around 250-300 miles from her.

      He was the golden child before my sister came along, I know that for a fact. I always saw him as a "secondary scapegoat". He wasn't scapegoated like me, or to the same extent, and his needs came way before mine, so he probably for now is a lost child so you are right he may move up to full scapegoat.

      I wrote him this line too in that final communication up above "Maybe you think it's okay to keep people in your life who rip you down--they did all the time behind your back, you know,"

      Delete
    8. " I KNOW HE'S NEXT IN LINE to be the top scapegoat." -- Karma is a bitch, but it's also the gateway to becoming enlightened about some things.

      Beware: "sibling hoovers" happen when the sibling who has taken your place no longer wants to be a scapegoat, and they want the old scapegoat back to take on the abuse instead.

      As long as you don't get hoovered in by your brother or other siblings, after some years, he will probably not be able to take it either. "I always believe people deserve second chances and sometimes third or fourths as we are human and none of us are perfect." -- prediction: he'll be eating those words soon enough.

      Delete
    9. LOL about karma being a bitch, it couldn't happen to a nicer guy. :p Yeah I have seen people warn about this on ACON blogs, that the secondary scapegoat who gets moved into that slot, suddenly gets nice as pie to lure the original back in. I think he's afraid for me to be gone, and thus the anger. I think he probably will be in the place where he can't take it anymore either, though I am not sure how much his own narcissism will affect that picture. Yes he will eat those words. She already abuses him but I think with me gone, the dogs of war narc style are going to be unleashed, and that's going to move to a new level.

      Delete
  5. Why does it make u made when they send cards etc, when you always complain they don't reach out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am no contact. I have no interest in their fake cards or post cards. The time for "reaching out" is done. Narcissists are incapable of actual "reaching out" and "communication.

      Delete
  6. Let me say this, as someone who's had a ringside seat to all of this craziness: what these malicious emails prove, at least to me, is that you can't demand a relationship with someone who doesn't want it, particularly when the other side shows no real willingness to acknowledge the (rather considerable) gaps in its nature.

    I, too, was struck by the "zero to sixty" aspect (hence, the title), especially when Peep's brother realized he wasn't going to get his way -- not unilaterally, at least. Suddenly, all the put on niceness went by the wayside, and the mask clanged to the ground with a thud.

    A sad result, but then again, sadly predictable, from where I've sat for so long. Enough to say, "Move on, nothing to see here." And nothing new, either. Such is life. --Mr. Peep

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah you can't demand a relationship of someone that doesn't want it and if they never would acknowledge the gaps, they are wasting your time. They are too toxic to keep around. Yeah you noticed Mr Peep how the mask fell so fast! Yeah it's nothing new. Their script remains the same and no deviation or thinking which is why I am done.

      Delete
  7. Hi Peep,

    I'm sorry about your latest hoover, and kudos for taking it in stride. It's not comforting to say it, but I guess such occurrences are sort of a fact of life for No-Contact ACONs. Among other things, narcissists typically don't take "no" for an answer.

    Not long ago, there was an article on the Narcissist's Child blog (narcissistschild.blogspot.com) likening this sort of thing to junk email, or telemarketers. Her basic suggestion? Adopt the same attitude toward hoovering as with regard to the aforementioned. That is, accept that it is possible (though, by all means, try to minimize the possibility), and if and when it does happen, simply enforce your policy.

    Having dealt with this sort of thing myself, I can attest that it can last a looong time. This year was my 10th No-Contact anniversary. Two years ago, I changed my phone number, and was careful to make it unlikely that anyone in my family of origin would get the new one. Still, my mother, the family's head narc, somehow found it out and called me two weeks before said anniversary. I answered only to tell her to never call me again, hung up, then blocked her number. I don't think I could have made it any plainer, and it wasn't the first time I did so, either. And yet, three months after that, she called me again from a different number. Again I picked up the phone because I didn't know who it was, but the second I found out, I simply hung up without a word, then blocked this second number as well. Repeat as needed - just keep plugging the holes.

    So hang in there, keep shoving them away whenever they pop up. And maybe picture them as Nigerian princes asking for your money.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nenad, thanks for warning me that this can happen 10 years in. I figure it will be something to deal with so that makes sense. I like the telemarketer idea of just blowing them off, like a "no call list", during early no contact when they called, I would just hang up.
      Yeah even if one moves with the internet, it's easier to find numbers and addresses now, too bad yours found your number and used your anniversary to call.

      I think that's a good path too, LOL about the Nigerian princes.

      Delete
  8. https://iheartintelligence.com/2018/09/18/symptoms-post-narcissist-stress-disorder-pnsd/?fb=iis just read this got to the end and thought if it was only as simple as a bit of therapy to cure this

    ReplyDelete
  9. Late to the post Peep, but honestly, I was reading all these years as you navigated your No Contact. The reason your brother lashed out violently is you were smart enough to cipher why he was demanding an audience all of the sudden and you were also brave enough to call him on it. Keep that email on an exterior file. Never know how unstable he may become as his witchy mother takes her cruelty out on him instead of you. Another issue maybe that your sibs are doing the math and realizing that inheritance they sold you out for maybe used up on care , meds, caregivers as old mom grows old and frail without a husband. The scapegoat is often treated like dirt for decades , then summoned for free labor when the parents need help. Don't let them pigeonhole you and your husband. They get desperate they will promise you guys the moon, until she passes and then you'll be demonized again for disinheriting once more. I gave out tons of free caregiving, then when I broke down I was on my own. The last 5 yrs I've learned a lot from reading your journey! Ty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your post anon. I am glad you have been reading and were able to see this post too. Yes I will keep the emails and messages thanks for that suggestion. I don't trust him, not at all. With me, gone he definitely will be the new scapegoat, he lives far away from her, but he's probably #1 scapegoat already or about to be. They know after 5 years I'm not coming back. Sure, the sibs have to be doing the math about her growing so old, and I think when she sold the house--last year, see this post--, they know she has gone through all the money and needed more.

      https://fivehundredpoundpeeps.blogspot.com/2017/06/the-mausoleum-is-being-sold-or-else-got_3.html

      I don't know if her husband is now deceased or if he is still alive. Brother told me he is dying so it may not be long. Yes whatever money is left will be used on care, meds, and caregivers. I can see her wanting to move in with one of them once she gets old and ill enough and is alone. She may talk one of them into it with promises of money. If her money is gone or reduced, then those expensive 4,000-5,000 dollar a month assisted livings aren't so affordable. Old age can be it's own punishment. The oddest thing about her was no recognition of the passage of time or dealing with old age issues, I always found it so strange but I guess that narcissists. She may get her just reward as she gets old, and feeble, my sister is too sociopathic and cold to care--her husband can't stand my mother either, my brother too narcissistic to run to the rescue, and I am gone, and my health is too destroyed to take care of anyone else. I need care, and am even looking into joining a health program meant to keep people out of the nursing home and ease caretaking on my husband when I turn 55. So yeah in this case the scapegoat won't be taking on the caregiving, and you are correct many scapegoats get put in that position. I know people who took caregiving on so sorry that happened to you. It is less a danger to me, because I need caregivers myself. LOL I can see desperation having her call me up and make me promises too, but we both have poor health, so maybe not either. She may make use of one of her grandchildren this way sadly and with my brainwashed siblings, none will warn her. I have noticed caretakers often get shorted on inheritances, so tells me many are the scapegoats just being used. Thanks I am glad my journey has helped you. With the brother, I am glad I said No, I have never trusted him and came to more of a realization how she used him as a secondary enforcer to keep me beaten down [father was the first] Just the fact I had to physically fight him all the time during my childhood and teenage years says something.

      Delete