Sunday, July 26, 2026

"Against the Machine": A book I am presently reading

 


I quoted "Against the Machine" in another article recently but wanted to share this video on it, that explains what the book warns about. This book is so good, I'm going to ask my husband to read it when I am done and have been telling friends about it. These issues often come up when we talk about data centers. Kingsnorth's worldview is closer to my own. 

The voices crying out against what is being done to our world are very few in number. Even the leftists who speak of colonialization don't seem to understand when it's happening against people's very souls, nature and our bodies. Right wingers worship progress too. I am midway through this book, and he challenges the technocratic march of society and how it is a threat to humanity and changing what human beings. I probably will be posting more about it when I am done.  This is an issue I have explored too, even before I found this book, such as in this poem. 

No comments:

Post a Comment