Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Fast Food is Gross!




I haven't eaten any fast food in 4 years. This means no Burger King, no McDonalds, no Wendy's, no Taco Bell. It all makes me sick. Whatever they put in their food, MSG? The feelings of unwellness are so intense, aversion therapy set in long ago! A lot of people are shocked at a woman my size who avoids fast food like the plague.

When away from home, I will go to a grocery store and try and buy a fresh sandwich or some fruit before patronizing one of these places. When I see the clown I want to run for the hills! How can people eat this junk? When I was still eating the occasional fast food item, I always was disappointed, it tasted like saw dust. Salads didn't fix the problem either. The bread always tasted like they were pouring sugar into it. The chicken patties tasted weird.

By the way, I was kind of concerned too that Subway as well was making me sick, even with the "Eat Fresh!" promises, I went and looked up the actual ingredients it was MSG city! Subway is another one that was good in the old days, but the ingredients got crummier and crummier.

At Subway, Customers Really Aren't Eating as "Fresh" As They Think

"Well, not if you actually look at the ingredients in Subway's food. McDonald's has drawn heaps of criticism for the alleged poor quality of its food (particularly in movies like SuperSize Me and Fast Food Nation), but Subway is really no different. The sliced turkey and ham may not have been frozen like hockey pucks before they serve it to you, but it's loaded down with artificial ingredients -- bulking agents, fillers, processing aids, preservatives and the like."

I looked up those ingredients and it explained to me why the last few times at Subway I felt sick. If we think about obesity conspiracy stuff, it is kind of scary that the place that sells itself as providing a "fresh" alternative, is overloading the ingredients with MSG and other preservatives.

When I was a kid in the 1970s, even McDonalds food still had taste to it. Perhaps back then it even looked different:



The other day I saw this interesting article

McDonald’s McProblem: Why Millennials Are Rejecting the Golden Arches

Advertising Age obtained a recent internal memo from McDonald's stating the fast-food giant has failed to make it on millennials' list of top 10 restaurant chains.
This could have something to do with millennials subscribing to healthier, more sustainable food chains. Even though McDonald's added salads to its menu as a nutritious alternative for health-conscious consumers a decade ago, this effort has proved insufficient—especially when we learn things like its Caesar salad is more fattening than its burger.
It's not surprising that McDonald's is absent on the millennial list, says Dan Schawbel, author of Promote Yourself: The New Rules For Career Success and managing partner of Millennial Branding, a Gen Y research and consulting firm. "I think back to Fast Food Nation, which was very popular among millennials," he told TakePart. "They're looking for sustainability. They want their food to be better grown, and when you see McDonald's putting [artificial flavors] in their food, those things aren't helping build trust."

Seems like the young people have some discerning taste buds left in their mouths and sense.


1 comment: