Sunday, April 20, 2014

Time To Get Those Years Back


This is a good one. It is time to get some years where I am free of judgment and rotten people who just want to bring me down. Criticism was a constant with my narcissist parents who thought themselves superior to every other human being. Invalidation of me as a human being ruled the roost. The other day, I saw an old photo of myself, I was beautiful and there they were calling me "fat", "ugly", "lazy". Really at this advanced age I have faced how very sick things were. No Contact has been a blessing for me. Holidays are still hard, one mourns the family that never was, but at least I no longer have to see those sneering faces anymore, and in that I have felt at times brief glimmers of happiness, and for that alone it has been worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment