Monday, November 28, 2016

Where Are You on the Clutter Scale?



 It is interesting they have "clutter scales" for hoarders. Double click to enlarge picture.

Housework is hard, I suck so bad at it. I am not a classic hoarder, and do not care about throwing things away, my problem is, I am just very bad at housework. I think I would be a happier person with out it in my life. I am constantly frustrated.

Everything has grit, pieces of crap and endless bits of paper on it. I think hoarders give up, the mess is too big for them to tackle. I have avoided the extreme hoarding level of mess: Our apartment ranges between 2 and 3 on this clutter scale.   2 is after I have cleaned. 3 is it's natural state of being. Our living room is at 3 on this scale today.

Today I threw away magazines, some old open uneaten boxes of cereal, and other junk, the old turkey carcass from yesterday, after putting some leftovers to eat in the fridge and freezer and some old bathroom ripped up rugs. I am always throwing things away. I never get anywhere. The OT therapist I had from a few years ago taught me how to clean out the cupboards and other areas, so it's scary things could be WORSE. It scares me how I constantly do all this stuff and there is nothing to show for it. The apartment still looks bad.

Where I live the city always comes through for "fire alarm" checks. I don't think a hoarder would last long in my town. If you reached 5 or 6, the eviction notice probably would be on your door. I am always panicking wondering what the maintenance men think as they come in here. They gotta to know it's gross, and even though I pour bleach down the bathtub on a semi regular basis, it's not the same as people who can do heavy cleaning.

One disabled building I decided I couldn't move into because there's no bus coverage, actually included a paper that was part of the application, asking your present landlord or building manager how good you are at housework. I am bad at it. That scares me. People in disabled buildings, get even more inspections. Why are disabled people expected to be good at housework?

Are You Fat Because You Don't Do Enough Housework?


5 comments:

  1. Does anyone actually live like #1 - for more than five seconds at best?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe some neat freaks! lol Even if you get it to that point.

      Delete
    2. Yes, I do... and no, I´m not a neat freak... I know many people thah live like #1

      Delete
  2. I like my house like number one, when it gets to three I go back to one again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I've ever seen one, just not enough places to put things but it's good you can get there. :)

      Delete