Friday, March 15, 2019

Fat Bigotry on A Reddit Board


I know reddit  on some boards can be one mean damn place. Here's the banner one place had, for the reddit board, "MyBigFatFabulousLife". When I saw it, I decided to protest it, but that was probably a mistake. The people who post there post like they are all from Fat Logic .

I usually hang out at nicer boards. I'm going to unsubscribe from this board. I've criticized Whitney before on this blog. She's not perfect but I am noticing that in the land of fat bigtory, you can be a dancer, train actively and even lose 40lbs, but as long as you are fat, the bigotry never ends. In their world every fat person is a liar, and there's no such thing as any medical conditions like PCOS and Lipedema.  The above is an insult to every woman who even has struggled with mild weight challenges from PCOS.

They posted about Whitney Thore on there. What is ironic is I posted an article with 11 obesity experts questioning CICO, but you aren't going to get through to the bigoted "true believers". I realized they always have to descend to the lowest common denominator of calling people liars, and delusional and crazy.  They never address any points that you make.

While I have disagreed with some of Whitney Thore's messages and questioned some personality traits, her show is really showing something poisonous about American culture. Here is a woman who exercises her ass off on TV, to the point of full sweat and 5 K hikes and she is still put down for being fat. She even lifted herself off the ground using a rope for one trainer, and that's still "not good enough". 

Their hatred knows no bounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment