Monday, September 9, 2019

America, the Gerontocracy

 America, the Gerontocracy

Some years ago I was ranting and raving a bit on my blog, and wrote that boomers were going to grab us by the throat and not let go even as they shuffled off this mortal coil. Some people took offense and said I was generalizing too much but what I was ranting about has HAPPENED. I don't think every boomer is bad and I support Bernie who is old as the hills too, but I look at our present system and notice how the most narcissistic generation in history has managed to block out Gen X from any positions of power!  We are getting OLD ourselves, well into our 50s! Gen X never got a voice!

I would like a few politicians make decisions who will actually be around in the next 15 years. They can be selfish, and burn down the earth [literally!] as they won't be here to suffer the consequences. In times past, older people used to care about what happened to the young. With too many, that's obviously been lost in America. While the young grow poorer, so many put them down and call them "entitled snowflakes" and refuse to hear their cries of desperation. We used to get some decent statesmen that wanted to leave the world a better place, now we have Orange Hitler where if it does good for someone else like welfare or environmental protections, he wants to destroy it, like the sociopathic toddler he is.

Young people you need to vote. I know both parties suck. I am so fed up with the Democratic party I want to throw up. I worry Biden will be put in to keep the status quo, however if you vote, they can only cook so many numbers. People need to stand up. Young people need to defend their future.

Millennials Vote or the Gerontocracy Will Kill Us All

1 comment:

  1. I am a member of Gen X. We are old now! Nobody gave me/us a chance. So many of my friends live in absolute poverty. So unfair!

    ReplyDelete