Friday, November 25, 2011

I Drove Yesterday

I  have a legal license, but haven't driven very much in the last few years. I am trying to be more independent and no it is not easy. Most people my size can't even leave the house, but I drove two miles down the street to a friend's apartment. Most do not realize how hard I work to hold on to what I can, in terms of operating like a normal person. I do drive safe and to places I can handle close by. I probably do drive like an old lady, but at least I can still do it. I can't have husband take me every single solitary place I want to go.  There was weight loss, could tell sitting in the car.

One thing when you get to the great weights, you can lose driving ability. I didn't own a car during my worse weights but would not been able to drive. After the initial 150lb loss from 700lbs,  I did drive around my last small town pretty freely to church and friend's houses for years though I stayed within a 12 or so mile radius but when we moved here, scared of the far higher volume of traffic, I started driving less. We did have a car for a time, I could not fit in to drive, but switching to vans, I fit OK. Sometimes I worry about how much smaller they are making the inside of cars. That concerns me. Haven't they figured out the population is bigger and fatter?

No comments:

Post a Comment