Saturday, March 3, 2012

Some Morbidly Obese People Are Missing Genes, Shows New Research

Some Morbidly Obese People Are Missing Genes, Shows New Research



A small but significant proportion of morbidly obese people are missing a section of their DNA, according to research published February 3 in Nature. The authors of the study, from Imperial College London and ten other European Centres, say that missing DNA such as that identified in this research may be having a dramatic effect on some people's weight.

I found this study very interesting, I actually have wanted genetic testing, but wasn't sure how to make it happen. My body is so 'different", even my mouth is extremely small. Even before I have pondered if I have some form of Prader Willi-unable to lose weight like a normal person and keeping on so much weight. As as I have said many fat people's bodies work differently especially in these higher weights.

No comments:

Post a Comment