Thursday, June 15, 2023

My Art Show Has Gone Well

 My art show went well, I've sold several paintings so far, and there's still some time to go. Those paintings paid a few bills last month so it's good I sold them. So that's a positive. I feel far more motivated and have other art goals to pursue. I'm behind on a few projects but continuing to work on those. A local well-known artist in the region and art professor, wrote me an email, telling me he really liked my art work and the techniques I used. It feels good to accomplish a goal a year in the making.

I will be shutting down the show in July and mailing out the paintings I sold. So this was a good thing. This was my third art show, I had the two DIY ones, years ago. This was a sponsored one and not DIY so, I am glad it worked out. Others have complimented my art work as well. 

5 comments:

  1. Hi Peeps,
    A very big congrats on your art show! I'm so glad it went well and that you were able to get some bills and things paid too. It must be nice to have a talent like that. And important to ones overall mental health too.
    You know I'm going to bring that slice of cake you painted up again, which I loved. Cake has always been special to me, I'm always joking with my husband about, "any cake with that?" Where we live, they leave the cake sit there at the party, and pass it out the following day. (According to the quality of gifts cinical me might think).
    Anyway, Good Show Peeps!
    Chelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey glad you remember my old piece of cake painting. :) That was some years ago, but yeah it was fun to paint. Glad they have cake traditions there. Thanks so much for compliments on my art show, I'm glad I sold it helped us get through those months! Thanks Chelle :)

      Delete
  2. Whoops, meant "cynical".

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you sold! Onto the next one!

    ReplyDelete