Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Societal Narcissism: The Baby Boomer Will Die On Their High Horse

 



This is a scary video that Ollie covers. The "estranged parent" backlash is out there. I have to admit this woman gave me the willies. My mother was more the cold fish kind of narcissist instead of the 'fake caring enmeshment" kind but I got triggered watching this video because this woman reminded me so much of a now ex-narcissistic friend or combinations of narcissists I've dealt with. The same look in the eyes, the air of elevation and acting like they are perfect is all familiar.

It's true the "estranged parent" world is lashing back and we know we will never see true apologies but just excuses from these sorts. Notice how this woman shows off her wealth, my world is full of people like this and it's scary. Ollie's right about how she stages her video to show off her wealth and body clad in tight exercise gear.

Wouldn't doubt her Facebook is full of endless vacation photos.

 I hope the daughter remains no contact and is able to find a happy life. One can see the cuts made to the daughter in the video, with the appearance of "fake caring". This includes the endless double-talk and more. I can see why the daughter ran and went no contact. All of us ACONS dealt with people like this who think they are perfect. You can see it in this woman. The daughter never would have any real apology or working things out. She's better off if she stays gone. 

2 comments:

  1. The mutha had already creeped me out 3 minutes into the video

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah she gives me the creeps, and "flashbacks!" [my mother was worse a cold fish, who didn't bother with the cloying fake smiles but I knew some of those types too, I got away from]

      Delete