Thursday, June 28, 2018

Happy 5 Year Anniversary Freedom Day....


I do mark the date. June 28th, 2013. My friends on Facebook know what Freedom Day means. You change even 3, 4 and 5 years in. It's strange, sometimes I ponder that stuff. How it even changed me during the 4th year.

I was hoovered too a few months ago even this deep in, it's strange to ponder how they keep trying in the "same exact way".  They are like robots who always revert to the same default program. They think the same person is there, of 5 years ago. She's not.

They never do change while normal human beings do learn, and grow and change. That's one of the creepiest things about narcissists, they don't change with age like normal people, even the fact they are aging doesn't occur to most of them. I am aging myself and want to make the best use of the life I got left.

I have been meeting more nice people lately too, so that's one advantage of clearing the narcissistic decks, it leaves more room for the good people. It leaves space. The world will think you are crazy for ditching your whole family but the freedom on the other side of the door is worth it. I can't say it's always easy. I still get that pang when I see happy and loving families, and still imagine the people that should have been there, but no contact did open a door out of the cage. I no longer had to be what they labeled me as, I could become my own person.

No comments:

Post a Comment