Sunday, February 3, 2019

Article Exposing the IFB church

I attended two IFB churches. Basically I was in a cult. I never fit the culture of these churches with my agnostic husband, still making jokes about Shakes the Clown, and listening to the Clash. It was like I was on the edges of a culture, I never could assimilate all the way in and that was a good thing. I left the last IFB church two years before my deconversion from Christianity as a whole.

Sex Abuse and Corruption in the IFB

‘It’s ruined me.’ Former independent fundamental Baptists describe life in the church


Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/living/religion/article222576550.html#storylink=cpy

2 comments:

  1. very similar happenings in UK fundamental christian churches , between that and the marrying off of gay young men and women because prayer will cure them .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's too bad the UK is going that way too. Here they have the horrible conversion therapy too when it comes to gay people.

      Delete