Thursday, December 19, 2019

Exploring Stamps



I've been getting into this stamp collector's channel called Exploring Stamps. I have been busy with my stamp collection. This fall, I got some rides to a large stamp club in a bigger city and joined this group. Winter I may not be able to make it so much but hope to return in the spring. Trading for stamps was fun. Stamp collecting is a rare hobby now, some say it is dying. I'm the youngest in the stamp group by far and one of the few women but I enjoy it and don't care that I am the exception. Overseas it does seem more vibrant then in the United States.

My stamp collection is different, and includes countries and stamps I like such as Iceland, Malaysia, and Togo. There's a lot of African stamps in my collection and a bird collection. Being on a fixed income, my stamp collection is not a big bucks collection done for investment, but I have stamps worth a little I found for cheap. There was this one man who recently died in the stamp club, they told me his collection was sold for $7,000 dollars but he bought stamps for mere pennies, so his collection "together" became of worth.

Unusual stamps are interesting, I don't own any of these but I have gold foil coin stamps from Burundi and some 3D stamps from Bhutan.

2 comments:

  1. Thrown Away DaughterDecember 30, 2019 at 7:20 PM

    oh I love the designs on stamps gorgeous. good for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Thrown Away Daughter, it is a hobby I have really enjoyed.

      Delete