Sunday, December 21, 2014

Dating While Fat








In these videos, they show the reaction of single ad daters who show up for their dates expecting far thinner people. When fat and dating online, always be up front about your weight to spare yourself this agony and rejection. When I dated, my size was right in the ad.

You will notice the "fat" man's luck with the women is far greater then the "fat" woman's! He is even able to make future dates. The fat woman, 4 out of 5 of the men disappear.  I have to admit if I was ever single again, I do not see me entering the dating world. The dating world was hellish enough in the high 200s, I wouldn't want to know what it would be like in my present shape. The complexities of dating while facing severe health problems too would be too overwhelming. I think life for fat men can be hard, but dating and relationships are a little easier. There is far more pressure on women to be thin in a general sense. Dating for fat women can be very hard.

6 comments:

  1. When I dated online 4 out of 5 men disappeared. Those crappy sites, I would never do that again. I learned how to meet men now without it, but I'm attached so its too late.

    It's hard to figure out what drives the attraction. We think its superficial but it can't be. Otherwise why would Halle Berry be single and unable to keep a husband? Then there are men that bed many women, then they meet the "One" then that's all over. Or some men who are very attractive and his wife is just ho hum, but he is head over heels over her.

    My husband's ex dated 2 very significant men for long term. She is very large person. They were fighting over her. That is, until they knew what she was like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, I would hate to have that many disappear. I had a thin friend go on a blind date, the guy showed up and turned around and left, that had to be a nightmare. I could not take the being measured for the meat market now. I know attraction is a funny thing, and very complex. Some women you wouldn't think would be, are very popular with the men.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found it interesting that the woman seemed very friendly and agreeable but the guy kept saying he hated stuff.

    I was also surprised about how mild the guys were - they weren't nice, thinly veiled aggression more like, but neither was the whole trick. I was expecting more swearing or walk-bys with nasty comments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad none of the men got rude or called her names for not telling the truth about her weight in the picture. That surprised me too but may be they edited out.

      Delete
  4. I would have left anyone who lied to me about themselves in a similar way. Probably for some of the people, it was her physical appearance that was the turn-off, but some clearly stated it was the lie. A lie is never a good way to start a relationship. I am a good 55 pounds heavier than I was a couple of years ago (I was severely underweight then), but I would never use old pictures to represent myself to someone who didn't know me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you about ditching a liar. I would see this as a red flag for a personality disorder or someone who was very insecure and trying to set up a date on false pretenses. When I dated when fat, I included it in the ad.

      Delete