Friday, June 24, 2022

Roe vs. Wade and American Babies

Here's the latest:

Supreme Court Overrules Roe vs. Wade 

I wrote this a few years ago.


The March of the Republic of Gilead: Abortion and Birth Control.


I never liked abortion but always considered government interference in it, to create nothing but problems. It should be kept a private matter and there's health and other things, the state isn't going to care about. I had my own "special circumstances" where I was told pregnancy would kill me. I was mostly infertile but I could have popped a random egg even with severe PCOS, so I took precautions. I've never had sex without birth control, maybe I'm one of those cautious type people. My infertility probably kept me from ever becoming pregnant. Years and years, statistics would have said, the birth control would have failed at least once even with my extreme caution. There's a lot of women who are careful and who get pregnant anyway. Right wing pro-life types never had much mercy for women in difficult positions. 

No one really gives a damn about the babies, because once they are here, everything they need for happy healthy lives gets cut off.  The left used to at least pretend to care about the "little people" that's over, as we are crushed under extreme inflation. They are now pushing the clot shot on the babies, with few studies and really no benefit--negative efficacy, and that makes me sick and like I should be screaming in the streets to save them from future autoimmune illnesses, blood clots, and possible infertility. So as all these people claim to "care about the babies", I don't think they do. So Roe vs Wade is now gone, but now we are dealing with the already born babies being put on the chopping block. Some of the kids already got myocarditis, guess they don't care about dead babies now. Guess they don't care about the orphans either as the adverse effects from the shots pile up, and Covid never ends and no treatments are pursued.

I never had children and watching people give their babies experimental shots that really have already failed and serve no purpose for them makes me want to puke. It was bad enough with the kids but watching it happen to babies is even worse. Too many kids have dumb parents. I can have sympathy for the fear and angst produced in millions, but aren't any of these people looking around? The shots have failed us. Adults have noped out realizing the side effects and more. So why push it on babies? What possible benefit can you see it having?

Back to abortion. The right sucks too when it comes to abortion, ignoring the economic factors that drive it. Outside of medical issues, the majority of women I know who got abortions all did so for ECONOMIC reasons. They couldn't take care of themselves or the baby, or keep their job. They were too young and in school still. They had no place to live. Deadbeat men who made them pregnant in the first place all disappeared. Some had no families or wealthier families who refused to help.   Their options were very few. Some have told me they regretted it and feel resentment over the economic duress they were under. Notice in all these abortion battles, THAT is never talked about. 

This country put money above human life long ago and the right wing is guilty of that. So why they cry about the abortions and now make them illegal, they offered no real changes to make abortions less in number. They do nothing to give women more options. Many of them are insane enough to want to do away with birth control too. They ARE going after the contraception. If this place was sane, then the need or desire for abortion would become so rare it would become a moot issue. 

The left sucks too, because they support an experimental shot with extreme side effects being given to the babies. They sacrificed the working class on the altar of neo-liberalism, they allow Bill Gates and others to destroy our lives and health. Through their medical fascism they have enabled this.

Some have theorized abortion is being made illegal now because the fertility rates from the clot shots are going to plummet, and if the abortion clinics see their business fall off, it's going to be obvious. I don't know but it's an interesting theory. If you get time, research a bit what has happened to women's fertility and periods and babies in relation to the vaxxes. Naomi Wolf has written quite a bit about this.

Anyone here wonder about the timing of all this? The country is a tinderbox. And they seem intent on lighting a match. I still think there's going to be an extreme right wing resurgence.  It's been my theory. I'm disaffected from the left but don't support the other side either. There's people like me out there, who are beyond disgusted. I'm disgusted watching this too. No one cares about babies or human lives. They seem to do everything they can to make things worse. 

6 comments:

  1. Peeps - Good insights, and yes Naomi wolf is hitting it out of the ballpark lately.
    It really baffles me that these parents would do this to their children. So sad.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue. I want to order Naomi Wolf's new book. I'm reading Dr. Breggin's book now just starting it, "Covid 19 and the Global Predators". It shocks me that parents are willing to gamble with their children's lives especially with no gain to be had. It is sad. Everything just seems to get crazier and crazier now doesn't it.

      Delete
  2. I find hypocrisy abounds on this issue too - on both sides. Here are some:
    So many Republicans are "Get the government out of our lives!". When it comes to the death penalty, many of them want that too, but they want the death penalty AFTER the person is born?! When it comes to masks during a pandemic, it's "My body and my choice!" But they want the government in the bedroom?!
    So many liberals are "bleeding hearts", and do not want the death penalty. But the death penalty inside the womb is okay?! They want the government to take a more active role in their lives (such as free health insurance, free college tuition, etc, etc), but get upset when government takes a more active role?
    Note: I am not stating what side I'm on, I'm just stating the hypocrisies.
    This issue is too complicated for hard-lined approaches from the government. Again, it's politicians involved with a medical decision.. Most of the women I know were either children who got pregnant - one of them ten years old and raped by her foster brother (it was not a failure of birth control, that's for sure!). One of them was a woman who was in her last trimester and WANTED the baby, but the baby died inside her and it had to be aborted to save her life. Government failed to take into account so many of these kinds of factors in its hard lined approach of banning ALL abortions.
    And the fact is that 25 percent of women in the USA have had an abortion by age 45. I don't know all of their reasons, but they run every conceivable reason I would suspect. How can that really be stopped cold?

    Lise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lise,

      Thanks for your post. Yes, it's hypocrisy all over. The "small government" types who are pro-life seem to want a huge governmental agency to stop abortions and arrest a bunch of people. Look how they want to interfere in abortions. There's states where they have outlawed a drug for lupus. This drug was mentioned to me as one I could need in the future. Some women, who are past menopause, and who had hysterectomys have been denied this drug because it can cause abortions now in some prolife states, that's insane.

      I see the liberals as hypocrites who shout my body my choice but want vaxxes [especially a poisonous harmful one that isn't working] imposed on everyone, and ignore bodily autonomy and special circumstances but yes the same goes for the right wingers who want the government in your bedroom and body, making medical decisions for you and the laws ignore the endless special circumstances too that can come up. I do fear Roe vs Wade is being taken away so they can undo the right to privacy completely and march us off to the camps to be forced injected and forcibly put into the "internet of bodies"
      Agree most liberals reject the death penalty but say things like it's just a lump of cells, etc, some are so pro-abortion as a point of pride, instead of it being weighing the morality of the situation. Never see any address the economic duress issue either, they shout choice. How much CHOICE is it when MONEY is the determining factor for most abortions. The teen thinks my life is ruined and it's the welfare apartment for me and no college. The young woman living with 4 roommates, thinks my parents will kill me and won't take me in and the roommates won't want to live with a baby and I have no money and can't work as the barista. So abortion is presented as this CHOICE when it's lack of cash driving the bus for so many. Makes me sick. I had a 13 year old friend get pregnant in junior high school, never allowed to see her again, looking back she showed signs of sexual abuse, someone definitely preyed on her anyway you know...my NM literally screamed at nerd never dating me, "Don't you dare get pregnant, we will THROW YOU OUT!" I got a life long fear of pregnancy from that moment, the first time I had sex I was already on birth control pills and doubled up on birth control. Maybe it shut down my ovaries, wonder about that.

      I agree about the active role of the government stuff. Us disabled are too tied to government. It's a danger. Sometimes I just wait for them to say take vaxx or no disability. I think the politicians need to butt out. All they do is use it as an issue of control. It's men interfering and notice they never address all the deadbeats who make the women pregnant in the first place. Why lock up women and doctors and not those jerks?
      They ignore the medical cases, the incest, sex abuse of teens and children, rapes, the babies dying in utero, none of the prolifers cared about my circumstances, I never got pregnant and may have risked keeping any baby, but the danger zones were extreme. People are going to get abortions anyhow, RU-486 will go underground to be passed out, surgical abortions are rarer today and the rate of abortions actually went DOWN when birth control is plentiful and it's legal and rare but now it will back to the land of back alley abortions and worse. Thanks for your post. They won't be able to stop it. The religious freaks who want to do away with all birth control will assure the abortion rate shooting up and more death.

      Delete
    2. Lilac
      I’m pro-choice and I’m starting to hate how liberals are moving away from that not just for the vaccine but even in the choice of words they use when speaking about abortion. In Ethics class I read an essay that defends abortion on the principle of bodily autonomy, using an imaginary example of a violinist hooked up to your organs against your consent, and it’s essentially a libertarian argument; it doesn’t even argue that the fetus isn’t a person, but rather that even if the fetus is a person it doesn’t give them the right to trespass upon your body and you can shoot them as it were just like any other trespasser.
      But I almost never hear liberals use this argument. Instead they go with the “clump of cells” argument, which is not only a losing argument (I would only invoke it in an argument about abortion as triage - I think it’s more humane and less of an affront to human dignity to kill them before they develop nerve endings than to let them suffer as some pedophile’s sex slave) but it reveals a certain mentality, and the implications are troublesome - that it’s only ok to kill it because it’s not a person, but if it WERE a person, then you should be forced to carry it. They’re even moving away from saying “pro-choice” to saying “pro-abortion”.

      Delete
    3. Abortion is a mess for me. I hate that people use it for birth control and some don't seem to think of the moral ethics in it, but remember from the other side, doctors told me I would die if I got pregnant, and to be careful even knowing my chances of getting pregnant were almost zero. I've fortunately never got pregnant and never have been pregnant, though I had made decision to keep any pregnancy because I was married and figured I would attempt to have it.

      I don't think the clump of cells argument is a good one either, kind of bugs me though abortion pre-quickening seems less morally objectionable of course then latter abortion, especially when the baby could survive outside the womb. Of course I see abortion as a money thing, everyone I know who went to go get one, was simply too broke and scared shitless because of the would be money problems or pissed off parent problem. There are of course the medical and extreme medical emergency issues that prolifers always deny. The prolifers ignore the money issues.

      I have come to support abortion less and less, figure it should be avoided as much as possible, the whole RARE thing. That said I'm against the nuts who want to do away with birth control which seems to be the entire prolife movement and anything to help the baby and mother survive.

      I think it's a person, and when they do stuff denying it's at the very least a POTENTIAL person, that's going into some weird territory. I saw some weird crap on twitter where these women were celebrating abortions, one made a friend an abortion cake, showing a figure on it throw the baby in a trashcan, and these weirdos doing abortion ceremonies to celebrate it. I was creeped the hell out,

      Delete